Thigh pieces help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

smilie120

Sr Member
Ok I finished my mc armour some time ago, and I wish to wear it on halo-ween. The only problem is the thigh armour keeps falling down. I have tried using this stretchy material that I glued to the inside of the leg, but unlike the calf's I cannot expandig foam it to get a snug fit.

im000123oz8.jpg

(im not wearing my gloves,neck seal or boots in this pic)
(and the calf's are siting really low because I didnt have my boots on)

so any ideas. How did you keep your in place?

Oh yeah! I would go as an ODST but my suit isnt quite finnished yet.

Hm I don't know about this but add some thing to keep it attached with the crotch piece so it will never fall off but I wonder if the crotch piece will fall off with it.

Macattack64 said:
Almost got it...

How about this?

thighvh9.png

Yeah that might work. I have the support on the inside of the leg like on the pic but not the loop...

Last edited by a moderator:
smilie120 said:
Yeah that might work. I have the support on the inside of the leg like on the pic but not the loop...
That will hold it up... :)

thats exactly what I did and it works perfect, I used web strapping but you could use anything, thick nylon ribbon would probably work. an old black shoe string... come on you're supposed to be the master chief, you can make it work haha

I stuck industrial strength velcro on the inside of the thigh pieces (from of the thigh) and hand sewed the other side of the velcro to the undersuit and used elastic to hold it against me. You could try that (elastic at Joa-Anns is cheap) and just hot glue the snot out of it. I can get pics of mine if you want to see how I did it.

i dad to go with full thigh pieces, like the ones in slyfo's pep package... i had the same problem and basically chucked my thigh pieces before i went mad...

magi said:
i dad to go with full thigh pieces, like the ones in slyfo's pep package... i had the same problem and basically chucked my thigh pieces before i went mad...

His pieces are on piece... but it's the same principle except the pep part that is there... Replaces the elastic that goes around the leg...

I used large metallic snaps on mine (lots of things could work really).

The snaps held fast and it was easy to get the thighs on and keep them from sliding down. I really ought to do that for my shinguards too.

Here's a reference picture:

snaps.jpg

Hope that helps!

-Vex

Vexona said:

The snaps held fast and it was easy to get the thighs on and keep them from sliding down. I really ought to do that for my shinguards too.

snaps.jpg

Hope that helps!

-Vex

That actually seems like a really good idea. I wonder though, would it be possible to substitute glue and still get a decent hold?

Oh gluing the snap to the fabric too? Hmm, for non-sewers, you could try fabric glue (seen it used for attaching sequins and such) or maybe hot glue. Hot glue is strong, it's just annoying to get all the little strings and excess off of the cloth.

It would probably be good to do a test on a scrap of fabric using both and tugging on it to see which holds better :)

875e9b99f0eb4baa872d5ca3c3471c78_Fabric_Fusion_400.jpg

Vexona said:

snaps.jpg

Hope that helps!

-Vex

Where did you get that picture? That's amazing, it's so detailed.

The first recommendation is best.

Use a loop around a belt to hold it up, and you will be fine, you can add a loop on the side too but if you have it tight enough against the belt it is unnessasary, just make sure you make it snug around the need with padding.

This is now drop leg holsters work. If they can keep a heavy pistol stiff, they can keep some paper/fibreglass thing stiff too.

mac11uziholster.jpg

s-meister said:
Where did you get that picture? That's amazing, it's so detailed.

It's just a little plastic model of master chief. Added in the snaps and lines in photoshop :) Thankya <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back