Things that go ''bump'' in the night!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
NZ-TK said:
That is the only sensible thing anyone has said in this thread, well that and the thing about migrant workers.
If you hear heavy boots on your roof, or ceiling or whatever it was, its was probably just someone walking on your roof. The first course of action when you hear someone walking on your roof, is to yell, Hey! Get off the roof!"
First.. Its bad luck to be superstitious,
Second, you don't believe (Im assuming) in Odin, Thor, Zeus or any of humanities other more archaic gods, so really you're an atheist with regards to those deities, not believing in "the supernatural" just means he believes in one less god than you. Who has problems?
The observed universe operates in accordance with physical law. In the entire history of human kind, no person has ever demonstrated any phenomena under controlled circumstances that can only be described as "paranormal"
tooche... i hate it when you're right...

Last edited by a moderator:
Why can't it just be a house getting old, creaking, and scaring someone skittish and not used to old houses?

Strange noises in the night eh? ... theres only one answer:

You've got G-G-G-G-Ghotsts!

Ghost.jpg

final_onyx_cover.jpg

go to te upper floor or roof or where ever the noises are. bring a weapon just in case. take a tape recorder, turn it on then sit down. (sitting is important because a "Ghost" wont talk if you seem like our in control.) then try to agrivate the thing. if you get somthing scay call your preist and he'll tell you some info and might be able to get rid of the problem.

Fragclone said:
dude if you don't believe in something super natural [GOD :D] then you have problems...
orrr, the guy who believes there's a big man in the sky that no ones ever seen and no one can question does. :p heheh. bdw you can also be agnostic. it means you don't deny the possibility that there is a god, you just don't see any reason to believe that there is.

NZ-TK said:
First.. Its bad luck to be superstitious,
hahaha, now thats a brilliant statement!!! hahahaha

Sean Bradley said:
Strange noises in the night eh? ... theres only one answer:

You've got G-G-G-G-Ghotsts!

Ghost.jpg

final_onyx_cover.jpg
'GENIUS!!!!' (invader zim anyone?)

on the same note, i had the same kinda stuff up where i am. im in Ireland so i doubt its the same thing. the only difference is that i hear hooves. like deer hooves, which isnt that mad cuz theres tons of dear around the place BUT i hear them right outside my windows. whats weird about that you ask? im on the second floor!!! and yes, its right outside the window, not on the ground outside cuz that has a different noise. when its outside the window it sounds like its walking on concrete/stone and when its deer below my window their on grass! (ive checked about the deer below the window, you can see em in the moon light... havnt checked the other one thoe)

i doubt this helps but at least your not the only one freaked out at night.

you probably have some "intruder" living in your house. check to see if anything is missing. and as for the demonic thing, it COULD happen, but if you are a christian then you have nothing to worry about.

well to many mediums/paranormal investigators 3:00 area is something called dead time (time of night that (supposidly) spirits seem to be really active) i would go (if you want to) investigate it yourself so you can see

and as for the demonic thing, it COULD happen but if you are a christian then you have nothing to worry about.
Actually, no it cant. If you make a statement like that, you must provide some type of evidence unless of course you want people to think you're not capable of rational thought process, and, if you are a christian you have quite a few things to worry about, such as not offending the petty, cruel, jealous and vindictive deity you choose to worship.
to many mediums/paranormal investigators
"mediums" are all either frauds or, people (usually less intellectually robust) suffering from severe cases of self deception and are probably not mentally competent enough to warrant inviting into your home. Paranormal investigators are usually untrained in any scientific method and couldn't conduct a controlled experiment if they tried. Real scientists that choose to waste their time in this "field" (surprise, surprise) NEVER find anything paranormal. If you're going to listen to the advice of these people that instantly assume a noise in the night must be attributed to a hitherto undiscovered or observed form of energy, I would suggest you first read the book "How To Think About Strange Things" It is a very concise introduction to critical and rational thought. If you still think "ghosts" are in any way shape or form a posibilty, then you should read some introduction to physics books, read as much as you can about Conservation of Energy, you'll soon understand why these thing don't exist.

I know this tk but i told them to TRY. to TRY will give them closure. You go into your attic expecting a ghost only to find you have mice. that might be a great feeling to some. You never want to live questioning. if your losing sleep over some lousy noises at night then you have every right in the world to expect whatever you want. i used to hear rusling IN not on my roof. I bought a rat trap and two nights later i got woke up by a blood curling SNAP!! A burgaler steped int my rat trap. Yes the noise in the roof was rats but without that trap id be dead kinda like the burgaler. he was making hs escape and my dad shot him full of bird shot.

Being christian doesn't automatically kick the demon's out of a house. For example. I heard about a family that had giftings in spiritual warfare. They had a friend ask them to mind their house for them. When they went to stay there they had problems. They heard the sound of someone walking down their hallways at night and check to find nothing there. One night the father asked the daughter to go out to the garage to get something he left in the car. She left to the garage. A minute later the Father heard the a blood curdling scream come from the garage (sounded like his daughter was being murdered apparently) He raced down to the garage and met his daughter halfway who was fine and hadn't heard or made the scream. Apparently one of the previous owners of the house had practiced witchcraft.

Durlaburban said:
Witchcraft!!!!!! thats a whole nother subject!!!
Hardly. Witchcraft opens up doors for demons to infest a house. But we're kind of getting off topic, UNSC just pick what ever course of action seems right for you. Hope you find a way to fix the problem before you lose too much sleep

Good grief, I cant believe the total tripe thats being posted in this thread. Witchcraft!? christians hassling other misguided fools about their ridiculous belief system. Pot calling kettle black.

This thread is just turning into a Christian/atheist bashing thread. Shut Up! UNSC, just do what you think you should do.

I really really appreciate all the great advice on here and in my PM's Thank you all your all really helping me cope with this crazy stuff BTW sean B. Ur a DORK!!! LOL, either if its all in my head or not at least you guys understand what i'm feeling, I honestly believe that there is paranormal events that surrounds me cause it always has when i was younger and i guess as long as i don't ever see something materialize right in front of me then i'll keep my sanity.... for now :)

Thx a bunch!!!

You know what? It could be your roof contracting at night when the sun goes down, or expanding when the sun comes up. Heat or sunlight will expand a solid. When this solid cools, it contracts. You can't measure the difference between the two, but you can hear it when that solid is your roof. This happens all the time. Have you ever tried to bend something when it's cold? It's harder to do than when it's hot, because the molecules making up the solid are moving at a slower rate than if it were heated up. There may not be illegal immigrants or "paranormal" or "supernatural" beings on your roof, but prepare for the worst. Expect the best.

We used to have the same stuff happen to my mom and dads house when I was a teenager. I used wake up terrified because these footsteps were so loud that it shook the house. I'm not trying to freak you out but tell your man to get a shotgun if he dont have one.I'll pm you

JoobiDoob said:
Hardly. Witchcraft opens up doors for demons to infest a house. But we're kind of getting off topic, UNSC just pick what ever course of action seems right for you. Hope you find a way to fix the problem before you lose too much sleep
ya i hear you, but when worst comes to shove, i tell him to go check it out!! ;)

at my freinds's house he a problem with the doorbell being rung late at night they would go investigate it but nothing would be there so they looked into the houses history and it ended up being the site of a civil war battle. One day they got a person to remove the spirit {and i am atheist} and it actually worked the ghost was gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back