This is going to be difficult...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowball

I just realized something. I was just going to take the lazy way out and buy my armor, but, I don't know if they can make armor for a girl who's 5'1". I just noticed that on Recastersstudios.com, they can't specify height, sooooo, does anyone know somewhere I can buy one that'll actually fit >___<

Yes, a 5'1" Spartan. And I'd make my own, but It'd turn out pretty crappy. I suck at macaroni art, okay?

It keeps changing to recasters. *cries uncontrolably* west-er-field-stu-di-os-dot-com

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Snowball @ Sep 23 2007, 11:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I just realized something. I was just going to take the lazy way out and buy my armor, but, I don't know if they can make armor for a girl who's 5'1". I just noticed that on Recasters Studios, they can't specify height, sooooo, does anyone know somewhere I can buy one that'll actually fit >___<
Yes, a 5'1" Spartan. And I'd make my own, but It'd turn out pretty crappy. I suck at macaroni art, okay?</div>

Yes but it would be more armor then you have now... ;)... I'm making some right now... People don't specify heights because then they would have to make tons of different molds for the different heights... :\

Yea I decided I would have to make my own from scratch since no molds that I have seen have made allowances/reductions for the chest and space cod ;D

If you change your mind about making your own I can give you some advice about adding a lady's touch to mjolnir armor <3

-Vex

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vexona @ Sep 23 2007, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Yea I decided I would have to make my own from scratch since no molds that I have seen have made allowances/reductions for the chest and space cod ;D

If you change your mind about making your own I can give you some advice about adding a lady's touch to mjolnir armor <3

-Vex</div>

Yeah, I'll probably make my own, LOL. Work my butt off.
My friend and I just had a conversation about this, LOL. "I can make it outta styrofoam!" "It'll chip easy." "Wood?" "Oh, I can see that, 'I got a splinter.' Where? 'You don't wanna know...'"

In my opinion, that really would be the easiest way to go about it, Snowball. Same with you, Vexona. It'll also end up being a lot less costly, in terms of materials and time spent, if you did. No worrying about having to pay for someone else's labour.

And, given the slight differences required for your particular armour, you know your frame best and would know how to modify the necessary armour pieces in order to make it fit and look right.

Now, the Admin/Mod group and the general membership do prefer new members to use the "Search" function to find what they're looking for, but I will say this: check out the stickied (pinned) threads/topics in the "Cardboard and Pepakura Armor" forum to find some resources on how to build your own armour.

Best of luck with this project. I for one think it will be interesting to see the differences between standard male MJOLNIR armour and the female equivalent... :cool:

SPARTAN II said:
In my opinion, that really would be the easiest way to go about it, Snowball. Same with you, Vexona. It'll also end up being a lot less costly, in terms of materials and time spent, if you did. No worrying about having to pay for someone else's labour.

And, given the slight differences required for your particular armour, you know your frame best and would know how to modify the necessary armour pieces in order to make it fit and look right.

Now, the Admin/Mod group and the general membership do prefer new members to use the "Search" function to find what they're looking for, but I will say this: check out the stickied (pinned) threads/topics in the "Cardboard and Pepakura Armor" forum to find some resources on how to build your own armour.

Best of luck with this project. I for one think it will be interesting to see the differences between standard male MJOLNIR armour and the female equivalent... :cool:

Thanks for the advise! I'm a n00b, you'll have to forgive me. I'll try my best to make the best dang female armor around! With...some other female's help. I'm a loser.

Last edited by a moderator:
No problem. And welcome to the board! ;)

If you have any questions regarding armour making, you should be able to find most of the answers in the "Molded Armor Discussion" and "Cardboard and Pepakura Armor" forums. Anything else you can simply PM the more experienced prop builders in this community.

The rest of us male SPARTANs may not be able to help you out with the female-suited armour pieces, LOL, but we can certainly help out with the rest... ;)

The only thing that you will need to change is the cod piece. Anything else would just be silly boob enlarging and middrift exposing crap. :whistle:

I would recommend making the thigh pieces at a slightly smaller scale to fit better.

Just me, the chest piece is so @%# big it could fit DD's without modification.

Im currently in the sculpting process with my armor and im a pretty big guy, email me and I will see if after I cast my stuff I can mod my sculpts for you

I think the largest problem with Mjolnir Mark VI armor is that, unlike the Spartans, there's a fairly crucial difference in the curvature of a female's body as compared to that of a male's. So, the contouring and relief on the breastplate would have to be different and probably expanded and the belt and codpiece be considerably adjusted.... Possibly the thigh pieces and the backpack as well, depending on their overall size. The armor for a slight/diminutive person (especially a female) would have to be much redesigned and custom made as opposed to a casting from a Muckle/other statue.

Easiest way to get a really excellent and definitely personal set of armor would be to do a full body cast and build up from it in clay.

Exactly my thoughts on it, Fin! There are far more things to consider for the armour than some might think when it comes to a difference in gender. I'm glad to see someone else understands it the way I do ;)

I believe Snowball has been pointed in the right direction for where to find the information she requires, and will be making her master out of clay, as a few others have been known to do here.

Can't wait to see what you come up with, girl! :D

Just to speak from experience; you don't want a suit from westerfield. In comparison to a more durable resin suit, its just not that great. Granted it is super light but the detail isn't good and the worst thing is, the crunching noise it makes when you walk o_O

Wow, that's a lot of help, everyone ^___^ This is going to be great. I think I'm going to go the way that Vex did, with the papakura stuffs and fiberglassing. Sounds a lot easier than clay. I'll take everyone's opinions into thought though. Thanks again!

I made armor for my son who's only 4' 10" for Halloween. Everyone thought he looked great. So, height ain't problem, you just have to scale it.

And breasts aren't a problem either. Breasts are nice. But at the 4'10" scale, the pepakura model would probably only accomodate a B or small C cup size. Just have to make the chest piece bigger to accomodate anything bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back