this jerk off stole my thunder at the launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moz

http://www.citynews.ca/blogs/insidepopnology_15013.aspx

This guy showed up half way through the night with is donky microsoft monkey with him. I'm not saying my armour was any better, but just seeing his lameness. I had about 200 pictures taken of me inside the tent but I can't find a single one on the internet because it's nothing but the microsoft promo stuff of this jerk.

Oh well.

Is this the armor that they are going to eventually be selling as a Halloween costume?
If so this is going to make our armor at this site look out-freakin-standing.
...i still think that armor looks ridiculous.

It doesn't help the fact that they got some 8 foot tall guy to wear already super slim looking armour.

On the surface, and in every technically way his armour was better except in the most defining feature of the master chief, the silhouette.

I put some thought into the chest to capture the Mjolnir's bulk.

The biceps were a nightmare to keep on, but you can see in the picture how how far forward the chest plate is. There is almost what I could guess a 2L bottle of pop worth of space there.

mark51mg1.jpg

This video shows it better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtvEUYtp-lk

That being said, there are SO many things I did wrong on this armour that I wish I had noticed and had time to fix. Halloween will look much better. (I am going to redo much of the armour) And get a damn haircut, why didn't anyone tell me they could see my hair in the back!

i'm no expert but that microsoft guys armour looks TINY. Maybe he picked up the child size costume by mistake :whistle:

Your armour looks much better proportioned Moz, see what you mean about the hair tho', maybe a balaclava would be better (save a haircut ;))

The MS helmet looks wrong, way wrong. all the pieces are small, it looks built for a 12 year old. I am not surprised though, licensed versions of stuff are usually crap by the studios, they dont want to belittle the true franchise, so they give you a suitable facsimile. Look at all the 300 and LOTR licensed stuff, it sucks. High-quality, fan-made takes the cake very time.

Wait.... theres cake?

Agreed. If I ever ran into that guy I'd totally walk up to him and say 'Why the long face Master Chief?'

Sean Bradley said:
Wait.... theres cake?

Agreed. If I ever ran into that guy I'd totally walk up to him and say 'Why the long face Master Chief?'
its obvious they made it for the guy at the end of this comic:
20070831.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The SAME damn armor was at the NYC launch, brought out by MS - EVERYONE there hated it

I fear that this will be a licenced product...

Devastator said:
The SAME damn armor was at the NYC launch, brought out by MS - EVERYONE there hated it

haha yea, I was watching the G4 coutdown Halo special and when I first saw the guy at the Best Buy premeire, , I stopped watching (twas getting REALLY ridiculous) He's got a HUGE helmet, but tiny armor, and that peeved me off lol

Something to be said for someone to get that helmet and chop it up right and rework it though...i bet that could be done. Smartly.

Holy crap, that guy's armor looks like ****. If that is what Microsoft is planning on mass producing and selling I don't think you guys have anything to worry about. If I tried to wear that helmet I would probably drown in my own vomit the first time I came across a mirror. I can't believe how disproportioned it is. Not to mention his 'marine' friend doesn't seem to know anything about the game. He did a terrible job memorizing the lines and from the sounds of it heard about Halo for the first time when he signed up for the job.

charlie

I like the armor, it would look great on my 10 yr old. Except the helmet, it too looks too small. It looks like someone took a childs helmet and stretched the jaw to make it cover an adult head. The battle damage on the armor could use some detailing and Adam's sock/spray paint treatment.

-dwoo

Devastator said:

I first seen this armor on a video on xbox live market place San franscio comic con i think
I asked about it at another site I goto and a member said that this is the Rubies costume master chief
that is coming out, I know that a few costumers took the rubies deluxe vader which is :lol: and made
a good costume out of it with some fine tuning, that may be the case here. I did hear that the MC costume was coming out next year
that is a rumor.

Spartan648

i hope they do make that armour . I'm 11 and need small armour like that . :rolleyes :p :rolleyes . Really does any one know where i can get that armour.

The suit looks off. The chest, cod, and arm pieces all look too small for anyone that's average size. The guy looks horrible in it. If I was MS, I would rather commission Adam to design the suit instead of wasting money on something like this that was probably made in China by some poor kid that never even seen a Halo game....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back