Thorssoli's MkVI Costume Buildup

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say that this is fantastic . . . but its so much more than that :)
I'm just wondering how you got such a perfect fit with the visor? It would be fantastic if you explained just the visor part?
AWESOME WORK!!!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/album.php?aid=34994&id=100000528266719[/IMG]

here is mine i started a week and a half ago ....im in the process of building another suit also got my bros involved since we are auto body workers and stuff like that

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/album.php?aid=34994&id=100000528266719[/IMG]

here is mine i started a week and a half ago ....im in the process of building another suit also got my bros involved since we are auto body workers and stuff like that

Please dont post your progress in others progress threads. Don't mean to backseat moderate, and I know your new, but please be careful of that.

I'd say that this is fantastic . . . but its so much more than that :)
I'm just wondering how you got such a perfect fit with the visor? It would be fantastic if you explained just the visor part?
AWESOME WORK!!!

I'm sure I've explained the visor fitting at least twice. The last time was in post #902 in this thread. I'm not going to rewrite the whole thing again.

Today my calf/shin mold failed catastrophically. I've started work on a new one, so it shouldn't keep me from getting the rest of the suits together.

Stay tuned...

I'm sure I've explained the visor fitting at least twice. The last time was in post #902 in this thread. I'm not going to rewrite the whole thing again.

Today my calf/shin mold failed catastrophically. I've started work on a new one, so it shouldn't keep me from getting the rest of the suits together.

Stay tuned...

Oh boy, thats not good..

Nah, it's no big deal. In fact, it was easy enough to grab a recent casting, tear up what was left of the old mold, and got to work on a new mold using bits of the old mold to help build up thickness:
5096265572_9f799b6978_o.jpg

In other news, the other day I had a few of the guys that are going to be playing along come over and help me assemble their armor parts. We made great headway on biceps:
5095667733_a058f4a23a_o.jpg

We also assembled buttplates:
5095667501_eab8f6f293_b.jpg

Buttplate assembly was a great opportunity to spend some time eye-to-butt:
5095667043_3e2ab36ffe_o.jpg

5096264224_de55a0f79e_o.jpg

5096264048_d592c4aff2_o.jpg

While we were busy handing each other our own *sses, we were also casting more copies of the inner thighs:
5095667255_340189d459_o.jpg

We've also been making neckseals. Unfortunately, the one that fits me doesn't fit Don (Sarge) very well:
5096265190_e59fe7fcbb_o.jpg

It does fit my dog Kira though:
5095668019_56dff32590_o.jpg

Today I also got the project newcomer to stop by and help me make the new waist sections. Pics to follow once I've got one or two fully assembled.

Stay tuned...

All I can say is, "WOW!" Having just finished reading the whole thread I'm both excited and discouraged about making my own set. I mean, your results are staggering but. . . such a commitment. Skills I have. Commitment on your scale. . . I'll get back to you in three years. Truly breathtaking work, sir.

Tell me, are you rich or somethin? How are you haveing like 20 pieces of each armor part made?!

Rich, no. I'm just the industrious guy that a handful of friends have been backing while working toward building suits for the whole group. By pooling our resources, we're able to save a bit of cash by buying materials in bulk.

All I can say is, "WOW!" Having just finished reading the whole thread I'm both excited and discouraged about making my own set. I mean, your results are staggering but. . . such a commitment. Skills I have. Commitment on your scale. . . I'll get back to you in three years. Truly breathtaking work, sir.

Honestly, if I was only aiming to make one suit just for me I would've been able to knock this out in a lot less time. The other problem I had was that every time I'd go out to sea or off to war I'd still have my laptop with all of my reference pictures and progress pictures to stare at. So for every month I'd spend building things I'd get two months studying all of the ways I'd gotten things wrong. Then I'd end up reworking pieces I should've called good enough. Then I'd end up finding more flaws. Even now I'm still finding details I'd like to fix. That's why I just need to stop looking.

In other news, I'm still cranking on the rest of the suits. Today I made a lot of dust:
5098864566_2b19fe18fe_o.jpg

i literally looked through your entire thread and Ive seen all the work you have done so far, your work is really great. i had a question though. How did you acquire the skill to make all the awesome suits.

i literally looked through your entire thread and Ive seen all the work you have done so far, your work is really great. i had a question though. How did you acquire the skill to make all the awesome suits.

I started with "I think I can" and worked until I got to "I did it."

In between there were a lot of mistakes and reworks. If you really want to read about some of my earlier projects, you can find a few of them in my blog.

Wow, this is epic. I spent a few hours reading the entire thread. You, sir, are an inspiration. I am just about to start making my armor, and I'm pretty sure I'll go back to this thread to get tips. Keep it up.

Man, that's just awesome. So many of these elite posts just make me sad with my quick and dirty attempt at making a foam version for this halloween. I'm going to have to go back and make a new one for next year and actually give myself more than 2 weeks to try and do it.

Anyway, awesome work. are you guys going to be personalizing each suit of armor at all other than paint jobs or are they all going to remain identical for the most part?

Man, that's just awesome. So many of these elite posts just make me sad with my quick and dirty attempt at making a foam version for this halloween. I'm going to have to go back and make a new one for next year and actually give myself more than 2 weeks to try and do it.

Anyway, awesome work. are you guys going to be personalizing each suit of armor at all other than paint jobs or are they all going to remain identical for the most part?

If I'm not mistaken, he is making all these suits for a Red vs Blue themed Halloween.

Amazing effort! My kids are huge RvB fans and think you are a god. I had been looking for casting methods for a different project when I found this thread. Needless to say the kids(17 & 13) have now assembled their own Pep helmets and my project is out the window.
Good luck for your halloween.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back