Thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

patalac122

Has anyone thought of doing something like after they have their armor 100 percent done, to make molds, copy the pieces, and sell do-it-yourself kits? After looking at the kits that people have made for the Stormtrooper armor and stuff, I thought that I might take up something like that with MKVI MC Armor.

Thoughts?

Well, first and foremost, as stated in the "Classifieds" section of this site (which, of course, you can't view yet due to your post count) the 405th does not sell armour.

The reason being due to the many legal/copyright infringements involved with trying to mass-market/mass-produce something of that nature.

We don't have either Microsoft's or Bungie's approval for anything of the sort, and so to try and profit from thier intellectual property could land us in a whole lot of trouble.

It's okay if a few people do that on a case-by-case basis, but if someone were to make a large quantity of them available for immediate sale that'd be greatly frowned upon.

I'm sure a few around here have thought about that, and there are some that even have the knwoledge and skill to do so, but no one in thier right mind would want to risk a hefty fine or imprisonment over this.

Besides, the whole point of this community's existence is for everyone to learn how to make thier own MJOLNIR armour, and later on further improve on it.

To be able to buy a DIY kit sorta takes the fun out of it for a lot of us... :cool:

Pretty much, MC armor in kit form isnt really a kit, you just paint, strap it on and wear it, stormtrooper armor you have to mod, cut, paint, and do decals and such.

But still, it would be cool, only briar and westerfield make kit kits.

patalac122 said:
Has anyone thought of doing something like after they have their armor 100 percent done, to make molds, copy the pieces, and sell do-it-yourself kits? After looking at the kits that people have made for the Stormtrooper armor and stuff, I thought that I might take up something like that with MKVI MC Armor.

Thoughts?

I think there are 1 or 2 kits out there like that. But good idea

He He He ...

Rob

Last edited by a moderator:
AoBfrost said:
Pretty much, MC armor in kit form isnt really a kit, you just paint, strap it on and wear it

that what i thinking last night.. Paint, Strap, Wear, and done.

Good for kit (y)

I like the fact that everyone can change or customize there armor to them . if we all had the same then how could u tell the person in each set. color size and details also show the persons personality with how they build and customize there armor.

A spartan is unique, but a stormtrooper is the same, all are clones, while spartans arent.

If we all wore the same armor, there wouldnt be any big names like blue realm and such, because they'd be wearing the same armor as all of us too.

Very good points, fellas. I definately agree. Even if most of us are SPARTANs, we're all still unique in our own way. Each having made our own armour helps add to that diversity... :)

I had a thought that it might be frowned upon because bungie/microsoft is lame like that... (they are also not allowing anyone to make anymore Machinigma movies or anything that have ingame content from any of the halo games)

I just thought that I'd run that by you guys just incase, cause im making molds of all of my pieces once im done with the whole first set. I figured that people might like kits like that seeing as how there are many many different nerds and geeks around the world that would love mc armor but dont have the time,money or the patience to make one from scratch.

AoBfrost said:
A spartan is unique, but a stormtrooper is the same, all are clones, while spartans arent.

If we all wore the same armor, there wouldnt be any big names like blue realm and such, because they'd be wearing the same armor as all of us too.

Dont mean to get all starwars nerdy guy but lol
the republic or empire quit cloneing due to defects
so they had to recruit real men lol
so yes there the same but no they arnt
lol

patalac122 said:
(they are also not allowing anyone to make anymore Machinigma movies or anything that have ingame content from any of the halo games)
Now we know thats not true, obviously that cant be true, look at Machinima, they make em all the time. Its not illegal, they arent making profits.

Keegan said:
Now we know thats not true, obviously that cant be true, look at Machinima, they make em all the time. Its not illegal, they arent making profits.

When I was about six, I hit a bull's eye on a target with a BB gun. It can happen.

You're right in this case- the terms they put up a long time ago- which is stickied in the Creation forum and someone probably didn't read -must've been busy taking pictures of himself making out- basically say that people can use it, as long as they don't do it for profit.

So set up a costuming non-profit, I guess.

AoBfrost said:

Actually, standard-issue gear is.. standardized. There are no unique suits of spartan armor, just different paintjobs and decals, which, correct me if I'm wrong- would all be applied by whoever buys the kit, just like stormtrooper armor. Oh, and permutation add-ons or different versions(MkIV, MkV, MkVI...)- but then again, those are all standardized, too.

Basically, you'd probably still have to be commissioned to do a kit for someone, and yes you would only really be able to charge material costs, shipping, and any other costs associated with the building of the kits. You would not be able to charge for labor or otherwise profit from the kit.

I take it this is what some people were trying to say. I hope I'm not just repeating people, but hopefully clarifying the subject. If I'm wrong, correct me.

Edit:
Also O.D.S.T, that's uncalled for and completely immature. Please keeps those comments to yourself or PMs.

patalac122 said:
I had a thought that it might be frowned upon because bungie/microsoft is lame like that... (they are also not allowing anyone to make anymore Machinigma movies or anything that have ingame content from any of the halo games)

I just thought that I'd run that by you guys just incase, cause im making molds of all of my pieces once im done with the whole first set. I figured that people might like kits like that seeing as how there are many many different nerds and geeks around the world that would love mc armor but dont have the time,money or the patience to make one from scratch.
You do know that redvsblue has full approval (no license).
Also this Digitalph33r guy just got recon for his great machinima :-/

Bungie loves people making machinima and their own armor... etc. It doesnt really bother them.
Microsoft on the other hand doesnt like anyone using any of their content...

-Fin(n)ish

Lt. Gallagher said:
Dont mean to get all starwars nerdy guy but lol
the republic or empire quit cloneing due to defects
so they had to recruit real men lol
so yes there the same but no they arnt
lol
ROFLLOLBBQROxxxxxxxxxxOrz!!#1!!
Some grammar please...

You should check your backgrounds first. They did start recruiting but when the imperium fell. 95% of the stormtroopers where still clonetroopers.

-Fin(n)ish

Finnish_Spartan said:
ROFLLOLBBQROxxxxxxxxxxOrz!!#1!!
Some grammar please...

You should check your backgrounds first. They did start recruiting but when the imperium fell. 95% of the stormtroopers where still clonetroopers.

-Fin(n)ish

And anyway, all of the stormtroopers armor is basically the same anyway, aside from the armor of different ranks, assignments, etc, right?

[/offtopic]

Like Vrogy said, if you did it for no profit, it would be okay, but if you did it for a profit it'd be bad.

Doesn't MS have enough $$$ to be worrying about a few guys selling Armor from a game that wasn't even made by them? I heart Bungie though!

Vrogy said:
When I was about six, I hit a bull's eye on a target with a BB gun. It can happen.

You're right in this case- the terms they put up a long time ago- which is stickied in the Creation forum and someone probably didn't read -must've been busy taking pictures of himself making out- basically say that people can use it, as long as they don't do it for profit.

So set up a costuming non-profit, I guess.
Why would you do that even patalac? Its a little odd... Im sure the girl didnt like it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back