Thoughts on E3 2018 Halo INFINITE trailer

Discussion in 'General Halo Discussion' started by Lieutenant Jaku, Jun 10, 2018.

1. mumgoot

mumgoot Member

I know! A remastered Reach would be amazing!! Not that far away at all!

ReClaimer8015 likes this.
  2. mumgoot

mumgoot Member

I'm wondering if we're going to get a total throwback to classic Halo in the sense of the controls and stuff. I actually play H5 quite a bit (I'm annoyed at how long the matchmaking takes). But I agree that the older games were "more fun" overall. It seems like 4 and 5 were disappointments to fans of the classics, so I wonder if 343 is just "clearing the table" and trying to make Halo the way Bungie would have in the first place, even if that means seriously messing with some of the design and art style they established with 4 and 5.

Lieutenant Jaku likes this.
  3. ReClaimer8015

ReClaimer8015 Member

343 could just add the option to switch between old style player movement / controller layout and the new moveset/ abilities. In my opinion sprint is a must, wouldn't play without anymore....controversial....maybe. Would like to see assassination-animations if you frontally Spartan slide into someone. Add weakness like weakened shields during that and overuled by supershield - fine by me.

4. mumgoot

mumgoot Member

Yeah, not having sprint in the older Halos was kind of weird. Sprinting is kind of fundamental to combat. But the simplicity is nice.

5. Lieutenant Jaku

Lieutenant Jaku Well-Known Member

I always thought of no sprinting as logical, why would you not go full speed in war, and the armor is heavy so slightly slower.
    I also really hope they keep ground pound so hope it's not completely changed.

mumgoot likes this.
  6. mumgoot

mumgoot Member

Yeah, that's true. But Sprinting from cover and stuff like that makes sense. Funny how in Reach sprinting is like a armor mod, but in 4 and 5 the suits are "new and improved" and allow sprinting right off the bat.

Ground pound is interesting. It's pretty cool, but it seems kind of like a power ranger move:lol:

7. Lieutenant Jaku

GO GO POWER RANGERS!!!
    power spartans.jpg

Dirtdives, mumgoot and mblackwell1002 like this.
  8. mumgoot

mumgoot Member

9. Dirtdives

Dirtdives RXO & Keeper of Con Lists 405th Regiment Officer Community Staff

Shouldn't it be "Go GO HALO RANGERS"?

10. Lieutenant Jaku

It just doesn't sound as good. I was going to say Go Go Power Spartans but arbiter is in there

Dirtdives and mumgoot like this.
  11. mumgoot

mumgoot Member

Sounds like we're overthinking this:lol: Arby kind of looks like he's lost.

Dirtdives and Lieutenant Jaku like this.
  12. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002 Well-Known Member

We can make a chant of deterrence for the Halo Non-fanboys.

"GO GO HALO STRANGERS!"

13. mumgoot

mumgoot Member

I wonder though... will Halo: Infinite be the final Halo? I mean, they aren't calling it Halo 6 so maybe that means something? At least the final one in regards to Chief's storyline? Maybe we will see new spin-offs using the new engine in the form of Reach/ODST remakes??

14. heckman15s

heckman15s New Member

I like what I saw it was promising, but I will not set expectations high. And with it being a release title for the Project Scarlet new Gen Xbox that means a new console I rarely play... again

15. mumgoot

mumgoot Member

That's a dirty shame! I had (naively) assumed that Infinite would be an Xbox One title. I was debating if I would buy it at launch or wait (basically a year or two) until the price went down to a reasonable level. Now I would have to buy a whole new console. As far as I know, Infinite is the only release title I'm interested in.Oh well, Infinite is either going to be the redemption of 343i or the final nail in it's fan-pronounced coffin.

Launch day will still be exciting though.

16. Lieutenant Jaku

im not sure but i think scarlet is a new version of xbox one so it is possible that the launches are only timed together and it handles better on the new xbox but could still run on the original xbox one

mumgoot likes this.
  17. mumgoot

mumgoot Member

Hmm... I hope you're right. Time will tell!

18. Codydaone

Codydaone New Member

there wasn't enough info personally

mumgoot likes this.
  19. TurboCharizard

TurboCharizard RMO & BCO 405th Regiment Officer Community Staff

At 343i Community Day there was an hour long presentation by the director of the Infinite trailer and it's only a short one minute thing but they pointed out so many secrets that are hidden in the details. I am super excited for this game.

20. Lieutenant Jaku

did they happen to say if you have to buy the newest console?

21. TurboCharizard

TurboCharizard RMO & BCO 405th Regiment Officer Community Staff

They were pretty light on specifics and quite a few things are behind NDA protection so :whistle:

22. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002 Well-Known Member

What can you tell us? C'mon, you can't tease and then say nothing. :p Really banking on the "Quite a few things" part pf that...

Im sure they will have Infinite run on Xbox one, but it will probably release alongside the new console in 2020 or something. One of those "Runs best on Xbox Two" deals. I'll probably buy a gtx 1070 sometime between now and then instead of upgrading to the new Xbox and save some money. I don't have a 4k tv, and Microsoft is kinda focusing on resolution more so than framerate.

23. mumgoot

mumgoot Member

So you mean, you got on the inside of a secret 343i pow-wow? Part of me wants to interrogate you, but I wouldn't want to encourage anything unethical....:D

24. Codydaone

Codydaone New Member

I Didn't actually see the presentation, I'd oughta go see it now actually. Hopefully that'll get me more hyped for the game

25. mumgoot

mumgoot Member

Do you think we'll see another trailer before the year is out? Opinions, guesses.... leaks? muhahah