Thoughts on E3 2018 Halo INFINITE trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would bug me though if they completely switched back again to the old art style, as if nothing happened. Suppose that is a Mark VI Gen 2 the Chief wears.
The Building seen in the trailer still has some elements of the new Style - i believe i read that Sparth still is Art Director? Would be nice.
Just let Blur make the Cutscenes again:love:

Also they confirmed that this game will be split screen co-op, which I mean, HUUUUGE MISTAKE leaving that out of Guardians in the first place, but good on them for realizing this from out feedback and changing it for this title.

Right? I only just got my wife into playing Halo with me. She's not obsessed with it like me, but she plays the multiplayer levels with me and helps me get the multiplayer achievements. I still have some of the simplest multiplayer achievements in Guardians that I can't get.

I'm stoked though. Even though it mostly looks like a test run to hype us up, everything looks beautiful. When I saw those rhino creatures I had flashbacks to Reach where you get an achievement for killing those emu looking things haha.

Here's my conspiracy theory...
First, I believe the sudden change in visuals is a move to introduce a VR in Halo games. Making the character design "more simplistic" reduces the likely hood of motion sickness (Microsoft has also put a lot of money into augmented/virtual reality)

Second, from what I've read Masterchief is in the game and this takes place after Halo 5. However, the spartan we see on screen either A: isn't Masterchief B: is Chief in a different set of armor.

Third, the presence of crumbling non-forerunner architecture suggests this ring was previously (or is currently) inhabited ruling out the new ring discovered by Spirit of Fire while suggesting this is Installation 07. (I didn't take the time to translate the radio's morse-code but it allegedly states "SOS ZETA HALO GRD")

Lastly, I would argue that Halo is intended to be a story. The gameplay has always accompanied cut-scenes rather than cut-scenes accompanying gameplay. Meaning, each mission has a predefined ending, its only how you get there which is up to you.
This is most easily described with Reach as an example, Kat tells you destroy the Covenant anti-air or get the UNSC anti-air online. To complete the mission you must do both, the order doesn't matter though. If Halo 6 is going to be "openworld" I imagine they would be taking this approach, using the illusion of choice. I'm not expecting, nor hoping for Elder Scrolls: Halo

Last edited:
I'm wondering if we're going to get a total throwback to classic Halo in the sense of the controls and stuff. I actually play H5 quite a bit (I'm annoyed at how long the matchmaking takes). But I agree that the older games were "more fun" overall. It seems like 4 and 5 were disappointments to fans of the classics, so I wonder if 343 is just "clearing the table" and trying to make Halo the way Bungie would have in the first place, even if that means seriously messing with some of the design and art style they established with 4 and 5.

343 could just add the option to switch between old style player movement / controller layout and the new moveset/ abilities. In my opinion sprint is a must, wouldn't play without anymore....controversial....maybe. Would like to see assassination-animations if you frontally Spartan slide into someone. Add weakness like weakened shields during that and overuled by supershield - fine by me.

343 could just add the option to switch between old style player movement / controller layout and the new moveset/ abilities. In my opinion sprint is a must, wouldn't play without anymore....controversial....maybe. Would like to see assassination-animations if you frontally Spartan slide into someone. Add weakness like weakened shields during that and overuled by supershield - fine by me.
Yeah, not having sprint in the older Halos was kind of weird. Sprinting is kind of fundamental to combat. But the simplicity is nice.

Yeah, not having sprint in the older Halos was kind of weird. Sprinting is kind of fundamental to combat. But the simplicity is nice.
I always thought of no sprinting as logical, why would you not go full speed in war, and the armor is heavy so slightly slower.
I also really hope they keep ground pound so hope it's not completely changed.

I always thought of no sprinting as logical, why would you not go full speed in war, and the armor is heavy so slightly slower.
I also really hope they keep ground pound so hope it's not completely changed.
Yeah, that's true. But Sprinting from cover and stuff like that makes sense. Funny how in Reach sprinting is like a armor mod, but in 4 and 5 the suits are "new and improved" and allow sprinting right off the bat.

Ground pound is interesting. It's pretty cool, but it seems kind of like a power ranger move:lol:

Yeah, that's true. But Sprinting from cover and stuff like that makes sense. Funny how in Reach sprinting is like a armor mod, but in 4 and 5 the suits are "new and improved" and allow sprinting right off the bat.

Ground pound is interesting. It's pretty cool, but it seems kind of like a power ranger move:lol:
GO GO POWER RANGERS!!!
power spartans.jpg

I wonder though... will Halo: Infinite be the final Halo? I mean, they aren't calling it Halo 6 so maybe that means something? At least the final one in regards to Chief's storyline? Maybe we will see new spin-offs using the new engine in the form of Reach/ODST remakes??

I like what I saw it was promising, but I will not set expectations high. And with it being a release title for the Project Scarlet new Gen Xbox that means a new console I rarely play... again

I like what I saw it was promising, but I will not set expectations high. And with it being a release title for the Project Scarlet new Gen Xbox that means a new console I rarely play... again

That's a dirty shame! I had (naively) assumed that Infinite would be an Xbox One title. I was debating if I would buy it at launch or wait (basically a year or two) until the price went down to a reasonable level. Now I would have to buy a whole new console. As far as I know, Infinite is the only release title I'm interested in.Oh well, Infinite is either going to be the redemption of 343i or the final nail in it's fan-pronounced coffin.

Launch day will still be exciting though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back