Thoughts on E3 2018 Halo INFINITE trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lieutenant Jaku

Sr Member
so I just saw the trailer and I am curious. this seems to be the first game with real wildlife, and the graphics are stunning. i am not sure if the spartan in the trailer is chief or not. I really hope this turns out as great as it looks now. and I know i'm hoping for too much but I want some original things recycled back in. which the old style pelican and armor as well as marines got me excited for. (I also saw the pelican and thought maybe they will touch on the tanaka foehammer theory but I know that's hoping for too much)

so I just saw the trailer and I am curious. this seems to be the first game with real wildlife, and the graphics are stunning. i am not sure if the spartan in the trailer is chief or not. I really hope this turns out as great as it looks now. and I know i'm hoping for too much but I want some original things recycled back in. which the old style pelican and armor as well as marines got me excited for. (I also saw the pelican and thought maybe they will touch on the tanaka foehammer theory but I know that's hoping for too much)
Phil said it's Chief in the pic. The game seems to be open world, and the graphics are just beautiful, I agree. I think this is gonna be set in the older days of Halo, like pre-halo 2. The armor looks an awful lot like the Halo 2 Mk VI armor.

I dunno. I'm excited, but I need more information! I hope 343 shows up on the stage!

Last edited:
Personally, I'm pretty excited for it. I can live with the gameplay changes as I've had a fairly limited opportunity to play the old style Halo games (hopefully that changes soon!), but the art style was pretty dang awful in 4 and 5. I used to love it, but it's a huge pain in the butt to make, and it's extremely over detailed, and was a huge departure from the original vision of the series. It made some improvements, but not much for the most part. So I'm definitely looking forward to the new Chief armor, which looks a lot like a streamlined MK VI MJOLNIR from Halo 2 and 3. Also seems like it takes some inspiration from the classic Bungie concept art made for Combat Evolved and the inception of the series. It also seems like by the time this comes out, I'll actually be able to have my own computer and the resources I need to start making a suit of Halo armor. But in the mean time, I'm going to stay sane working on my Mando build.

Careful with the hype-train these days!
I'm excited about the new engine and hope to see it in another game like Halo 3 Anniversary ( still waiting, 343:cautious:) or perhaps even a Halo Reach Anniversary :)

I had a thought... mblackwell1002 if it is before halo 2 or at least pre halo 3 we could finally see some more of Johnson (hopefully a way he survived 3 but probably not).
So I just read on waypoint that Infinite is a sequel to Halo 5. The art style conversion is a godsend.

I hate to pop your bubble, but 343 confirmed that Johnson is dead.

If the trailer gives any idea for how this game is going to look, It's going to look fantastic. I may just buy an XB1X to experience it at its best, as my PC is a weakling when it comes to gaming. I definitely want to experience it as best as possible, and the XB1X is the best bang for buck.

343 should make a freeroam mode on a halo, perhaps on VR!
Or someone better mod this when it comes out....i would throw my cash on you for this:D

Edit: Well of course that would be illegal, I know - so support the official release:p

Last edited:
Scattered thoughts.
Halo waypoint has confirmed that this a "Continuation of the Master Chief's Story," so that sounds like this will be Halo 6, not a prequel like Reach.

Both the Marines and Chief are giving me Halo 2 vibes. I wonder if there will be an explanation for the shift back to the old style armor, not that I mind I personally prefer the original trilogy style to Halo 4/5's Art style. I know Halo 4 didn't bother to explain the change, and even in the opening cutscene kind of had that Retcon of "No, the Spartans wore this style of armor their entire operational lifespan" with the flash back to Chief and the other Spartans wearing that Halo 4 style armor fighting the Covenant.

Perhaps they will Retcon that Retcon (and let's face it, Halo has always been a Retcon heavy franchise, almost as much or more so than Star Wars) and have the shift back to older gear as part of the story that the old style gear is better insulated and less reliant on AIs, since Cortana and her Created AI allies are set up in Halo 5 to be the Bad Guys of the next game.

I think as Cadet mentioned an explanation would be good, but from what I guess it will be something like infinity (or whatever ship) crashes and they only have access to certain armor. probably not as exciting as people would hope but still hopefully more than what crackhead09 mentioned about nanobots. While I am excited I am also trying to keep expectations low (but not too low) so I am not disappointed.
I noticed in the trailer when it shows the island first, it looks like death island, which is exciting. also, there seems to be some crashed ship or other strange structures in the water.

The one thing I'm trying to not get too excited over was the "Game Engine Demonstration" at the beginning.
I personally feel that it may be the one safe thing to get excited about. just the beautiful things that they have done with it, unless of course that is all scripting instead.
does anyone know if Microsoft publicly releases their game engines? because I am wanting to give this one a test

I do know that I'm pretty excited to see all the assets from this game, and to start building things out. :) If the newly created engine means anything, the next Halo game will look even better than 5, especially at high resolutions. All in all, despite no gameplay demonstration, I'm pretty excited to see what comes out of this. :)

Perhaps the older style of the marines and the Pelican are part of the Spirit of Fires arsenal? I really hope this is the game where they’re finally introduced into the main games and with the way Halo Wars 2 ended that’s looking like a good possibility, if the Halo ring shown in the Guardians legendary ending is the same as the one from Halo Wars 2 (which we’re all preeetty darn positive it is) then it’s probably the setting we see in the Infinite trailer soooo maybe we’ll see Prof. Anders shown up at some point?? maybeee??

Also they confirmed that this game will be split screen co-op, which I mean, HUUUUGE MISTAKE leaving that out of Guardians in the first place, but good on them for realizing this from out feedback and changing it for this title.

But I mean...imagine an entire open world halo ring??

28C2906E-75F5-4C72-B11D-681FDA80D1B7.gif

Gotta try and not over fangirl myself here..

Also The Division 2 looks really good...just throwing that out there...

Speaking of games we wish could happen, I really want to see a game version of the latter half of the fall of reach combined with first strike (after Halo CE) because they do alot of badass stuff there. It would be fun to see more of keys and possibly play as him, having to pull of ohe epic manuvers he does in the books.

But I mean...imagine an entire open world halo ring??
An entire open world halo ring is impossible with current tech. Maybe on a few Cray Severs? Who would model all the eviroment? Or would it be generated per coincidence by the engine itself?

Speaking of games we wish could happen, I really want to see a game version of the latter half of the fall of reach combined with first strike (after Halo CE) because they do alot of badass stuff there. It would be fun to see more of keys and possibly play as him, having to pull of ohe epic manuvers he does in the books.
Yeah, wanna blow up the Unyielding Hierophant or even see a Nova Bomb detonate! Nuclear Explosions are almost a fetish of mine:lol:
But i would also like to see a game set in the time before the halos fired.....perhaps when they were under construction....don`t forget there were 5 big versions and the greater Ark.

Yeah, wanna blow up the Unyielding Hierophant or even see a Nova Bomb detonate! Nuclear Explosions are almost a fetish of mine:lol:
But i would also like to see a game set in the time before the halos fired.....perhaps when they were under construction....don`t forget there were 5 big versions and the greater Ark.
Yeah a human covenant war game would be cool, maybe playing as the forruners even or the iso diadact having to difire the rings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back