tile grout instead of bondo

Status
Not open for further replies.

adam4472

i was thinking instead of using bondo or rondo could i use tile grout as the outer it should sang fairly well just putting this around because i got about several tubs of tile grout lying aroung

spelling

im posting here just to bump this topic i am in the same postition and would like to know if this will work

Tile grout will be heavier, take longer to dry, be harder to sand, and end up much more brittle than bondo or rondo.

I would say that that is not a very good idea. Like people have said above me, it would look very rough and you cannot really sand it. when it comes to brittleness, grout is the best candidate. If you lay tile on a flexible surface, and you grout it up, in a while, the grout with fracture, chip, crack, etc.

and that is while making a square with relatively even-thickness for the grout lines. You'd have to spread this on incredibly thick, which isn't practical for sanding at all. Also, if you even managed to succeed in sanding and detailing, and all that good stuff that bondo is made for, one good hit, bump, drop, whatever, would easily break your finish.

If I were you, I would just swing by Wal-Mart and pick up a $19 gallon of bondo.

A stone master chief would be cool though!

Resin and bondo are perfectly safe with a respirator and ventilation.

Oh, and for resin, I have heard of, but not used, something called Aqua-resin, I believe it is a fully non-toxic resin, but I could be wrong.... research time!

You could always just make it completely solid out of grout, and you can have a statue of Master chief, but with grout you won't be able to wear it and have it last.

Grout/concrete is not the way to go. it needs to be able to flex, so that it won't crack. Bondo is your only best option to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back