Tippmann 98 to BR

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptblduffy

Hey, just started my first project, turning a Tipmann 98 Custom into a BR. To start, thanks to clownpuncher for the pep file. Anyway, I plan to fiberglass it, probably inside to keep the detail. I do want to be able to take the br body off however, and this leads to problems. I think I'll have a flap to insert the tippman, but anyone have any ideas to secure it once inside? Maybe a hard plastic mold glued inside? Or expanding foam? I'm open to ideas.
Here's a picture:
[attachment=2672:98_next_to_br.JPG]

Thanks

wow thats a nice fit. it depends on if you want the thing to ever look the or not. because if you dont care then i guess any why you want to that will hold. i would say krazy glue or hot gun stuff. but thats just me.

Well, because of maintenance necessities on the 98 (i have one myself) id say you probably don't want to completely secur it into the BR frame. Perhaps secure the right side (the side without the cock) to the inside of the BR and then just make like a little lock on the other side of the BR. You know the locks on guitar cases where you pull the metal ring over a little hook then push a little lever connected to the ring down and it locks? I'd suggest one of them maybe?

Hey thanks. I'll keep everyone posted. Have to pick up some more supplies soon though, so I'll be on hold for a little while.

maybey you could pour something in to one half of the BR. then press the paintball gun into it making a mold. then doing the same to the other side.
I dont know what to pour in it though to make a tough mold.

Crossfire said:
maybey you could pour something in to one half of the BR. then press the paintball gun into it making a mold. then doing the same to the other side.
I dont know what to pour in it though to make a tough mold.
I like this idea, except I dont want it to be too heavy. I found a plastic that might work, you pour it and it hardens to a solid quickly. Maybe I could shave parts of the back off to make it lighter, as the plastic will be mostly protected by the fiberglass outer body. Still looking around. Probably have to experiment a little bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back