Titanfall 2: 3D Printing/Pepakura questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akoolpoptart

Hello,

I was recently able to acquire some of the Titanfall 2 pilot models and got the idea of adding a Holo Pilot helmet to the helmet collection I'm starting since it's been my main since I unlocked the ability. However I am very inexperienced and have almost zero knowledge on how to make props, preferring to focus mainly on painting and kit bashing, so I'm unsure if 3D printing would produce a durable product, or if pepakura is the better option, or if there is a company that would be able to do the hard work for me (not to sound lazy, but I'd rather have a pro work on something like this)

The power of 3D printing is that it's accurate and quick build and replace. There is some durability but nothing in comparison to a fiberglass pep bucket. My Spartan Daisy armour is all 3D printed with an external brush on epoxy layer and a slushed internal urethane resin coating to add a bit more strength and resistance to impact damage so there is a few different ways to improve the base material properties.

The power of 3D printing is that it's accurate and quick build and replace. There is some durability but nothing in comparison to a fiberglass pep bucket. My Spartan Daisy armour is all 3D printed with an external brush on epoxy layer and a slushed internal urethane resin coating to add a bit more strength and resistance to impact damage so there is a few different ways to improve the base material properties.
Pretty sure the OG titanfall helmet i have is a pep because it's quite durable aside from the add bits I added on for show. The holo helmet would mostly be put out on display, but some added durability would be beneficial

Attachments

• 20170227_171356.jpg
    20170227_171356.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 403
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back