TITANFALL 2 pepakura unfolds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GALACTICA55A5IN

Hey everyone, i have recently ripped a grapple pilot model from the game Titanfall 2. I have the models and i was wondering if anyone, would be willing to do a pep or foam unfold. If anyone is interested I can rip other pilot models for cosplay and post them here too.

NOTE: Also in the folder you will download is a few weapons. I have the lights on the shoulder and the helmet in separate models because i was going to 3D print them. The lights on the back of this shins are the same as the ones on the shoulders, so if you make those for a costume make 4 instead of 2. Just saying this stuff so you guys understand why the extra files are there.

Grapple pilot by BEEWE3 . - 4shared
Thanks in advance!

Hey everyone, i have recently ripped a grapple pilot model from the game Titanfall 2. I have the models and i was wondering if anyone, would be willing to do a pep or foam unfold. If anyone is interested I can rip other pilot models for cosplay and post them here too.

NOTE: Also in the folder you will download is a few weapons. I have the lights on the shoulder and the helmet in separate models because i was going to 3D print them. The lights on the back of this shins are the same as the ones on the shoulders, so if you make those for a costume make 4 instead of 2. Just saying this stuff so you guys understand why the extra files are there.
can you redo the link, its not valid

Grapple pilot by BEEWE3 . - 4shared
Thanks in advance!
I've been looking for a grapple helmet to 3d-print or make out of foam for a while now and this is the first real lead I've seen, would you be able to re-share it? I'm not very good at unfolding anything as I've never really tried but I'd be willing to give it a go if you're still looking for someone too!

I've been looking for a grapple helmet to 3d-print or make out of foam for a while now and this is the first real lead I've seen, would you be able to re-share it? I'm not very good at unfolding anything as I've never really tried but I'd be willing to give it a go if you're still looking for someone too!

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. Here is the file for all the armor pieces, i have some stuff separated, such as the shoulders and the shoulder lights and stuff like that. There is also a data knife, alternator, kraber, and a B3 Wingman. If you can, id love to see a picture when your done. Good luck and have fun printing!

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. Here is the file for all the armor pieces, i have some stuff separated, such as the shoulders and the shoulder lights and stuff like that. There is also a data knife, alternator, kraber, and a B3 Wingman. If you can, id love to see a picture when your done. Good luck and have fun printing!

Thank you! Not sure if I'm going to print it or make it from foam yet but I'll be sure to post pics as I go!

Working on prepping the base shell of the helmet for a pepakura unfold by dividing it into smaller, more manageable sections. Here's one night's progress; I'll post a few more WIP photos and full templates once I get something that is (theoretically) buildable.

Attachments

• Grapple Helmet WIP 9-25-19.png
    Grapple Helmet WIP 9-25-19.png
    153.3 KB · Views: 2,250
Sorry it's been so long without an update! I haven't been able to get a good pepakura unfold of the helmet yet, but I have a usable .stl of the base shell now! I stripped the velcro/rails/etc. off of it, so this is just for the base helmet. This should allow for the base helmet to be 3d-printed with rails and velcro added on afterwards; it looks like the rails are the common type on a lot of military/airsoft helmets. It also needs to be scaled up roughly 2.2x to fit a human head (varies based on specific head size).

Link: TF2 Grapple Helmet - Base Shell stl [defunct link]

Last edited:
Unfolds of the Grapple Pilot armor are going at a snail's pace so I think I might just try and freehand or remodel the various parts when I get a chance, to be a bit easier to unfold. In the meantime, I have properly hollowed out the base shell of the Grapple Pilot helmet.

Grapple Pilot Helmet - Hollow

How did you do yours? I hope you didn't use the stl file I put in the prior post, that one wasn't nearly as user-friendly but I didn't have the know-how at the time to make it any nicer (sorry)!

No, i took the 3D files and tried my hand at unfolding them. It was a nightmare, i got the top part semi done before i remembered that i had access to people who have skills XD I think ill give it another go though!

No, i took the 3D files and tried my hand at unfolding them. It was a nightmare, i got the top part semi done before i remembered that i had access to people who have skills XD I think ill give it another go though!
Yeah the game assets don't seem to want to lend themselves to easy unfolds, I've been struggling with them as well. Good luck to you moving forward!

Any updates with unfolding? I've taken interest in making a grapple pilot cosplay and I was wondering if any progress has been made
Unfortunately not much, the game assets are hard to work with for cosplay purposes and I haven't had much time to work on this project. I think eventually I'm going to try and remodel or freehand some easier templates when I get the chance

Unfortunately not much, the game assets are hard to work with for cosplay purposes and I haven't had much time to work on this project. I think eventually I'm going to try and remodel or freehand some easier templates when I get the chance
Sometimes, that's the easiest thing to do. I did that with both ODST and deadspace because both had model parts that were just a wreck.

I gave up on unfolding and instead started making my own templates using Kamui Cosplay's Saran wrap and tape method, and looking at game screenshots; I've only done the shin pieces but so far it's a success. Once I get all the parts done, I'll find a way to digitize them and upload them here!

I am very good at unfolding, and would unfold your model for you in exchange for Viper character models (helmet and armor) extracted from the game. Let me know. My son and I would like to 3D print elements from this:

Helmet.jpeg

52e71ad8b7e89ca4664393f7753a33de.jpg

Here's some rough unfolds of the Grapple Pilot shins! I'm going to test them against my freehand templates and if I find I like those better, I'll upload those as well. These are scaled for a 290mm long shin so you may have to do some mental math to scale them up onto foam (I am shorter than average, sorry). The geometry also isn't that great so there are some gaps that should be filled in when you go to transfer the templates to foam, at your own discretion. Finally, I can't save a pep file because I don't have the paid version, and the seam numbers don't line up, but I've provided screenshots to give some sort of reference as to which parts are where.

Attachments

• Shin 1a.pdf
    268 KB · Views: 435
  • Shin 2a.pdf
    267.5 KB · Views: 431
  • Screenshot (66).png
    Screenshot (66).png
    364 KB · Views: 437
  • Screenshot (67).png
    Screenshot (67).png
    296.3 KB · Views: 394
Here's templates for the main back armor, based off a Sketchup model instead of the game assets. The bevels and notches stuff are not on the templates and you'll need to look at a reference photo to figure out where they go. As with the last, scale might need adjusting when you go to transfer to foam. The octagonal piece can probably be reused for the lower back parts as well.

Attachments

• Back Armor.pdf
    117.3 KB · Views: 395
  • Screenshot (103).png
    Screenshot (103).png
    193.8 KB · Views: 419
  • 3-25-2020_12-33-19_AM-xynkafm4.png
    3-25-2020_12-33-19_AM-xynkafm4.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 3,134
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back