todays my shopping day-where to find stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

porkchoplomein

So, today I am off to go get everything I need to make some armor (I'm grounded this weekend, and I didn't scheduled to work so I have lots of time to start my armor)

So I know where to get the cardstock paper, but what about a low-temp glue gun? and fiberglass resin + fiberglass cloth? would I get them at a Home Depot or Ace hardware?

thanks

PS how much does a glue gun cost?

this is so exciting! I am making Master Chief armor!

hot glue gun you can get at walmart... they might even carry the resin and fiberglass cloth.... if they dont have the resin or cloth go to lowes or home depot

porkchoplomein said:
So, today I am off to go get everything I need to make some armor (I'm grounded this weekend, and I didn't scheduled to work so I have lots of time to start my armor)

So I know where to get the cardstock paper, but what about a low-temp glue gun? and fiberglass resin + fiberglass cloth? would I get them at a Home Depot or Ace hardware?

thanks

PS how much does a glue gun cost?

this is so exciting! I am making Master Chief armor!

Ace has fiberglass resin and cloth or mat...

I don't think Home Depot does... I went in there and was in there a while and didn't see if... Just go for ace...

Menards is good for paint brushes and paint... :)

There are glue guns at Menards I believe but you should be able to find one at places like Joann Fabrics and stuff... I think they are about $5... but the sticks are seperate...

Last edited by a moderator:
You really dont need all that now if your building the peices, I'd finish half the peices of armor then start resining and glassing.

But when you do buy stuff

2 cans of resin $28
paintbrushes $1 each
2/3 3x3 fiberglass cloth sheets 6-7$ a peice
respirator 20-30$

AoBfrost said:
You really dont need all that now if your building the peices, I'd finish half the peices of armor then start resining and glassing.

But when you do buy stuff

2 cans of resin $28
paintbrushes $1 each
2/3 3x3 fiberglass cloth sheets 6-7$ a peice
respirator 20-30$

Yea, You really don't need a respirator... But it would be safe to get a paper one that says fiberglassing on it... It wont look paper it kind of looks like cloth...

Macattack64 said:
Yea, You really don't need a respirator... But it would be safe to get a paper one that says fiberglassing on it... It wont look paper it kind of looks like cloth...

But make sure you work in a well ventilated area!

Sweet, first post

Fuffuloo 117 said:
why did you say first post?-youre the eighth.

Lol, my first post, sorry about that.

Also, I know I need the resin, and fibreglass, but I remember reading about a "filler". I allready have some "spot filler" but I dont know if I should use something better (in the past I have used 2 part epoxy and things like that). I think I heard somethign about a bondo filler?

EDIT: Never mind, found out by actually reading the stickies again

Ti-el_Terall said:
But make sure you work in a well ventilated area!

Sweet, first post
I did it in the garage with a sheet down with the garage door open... :)

Macattack64 said:
I did it in the garage with a sheet down with the garage door open... :)

Thats what Im most likely going to do since the weather is horrible. Im personally going to be using a respirator, just because then I will have one incase I have need for it in the future. ;)

Ti-el_Terall said:
Thats what Im most likely going to do since the weather is horrible. Im personally going to be using a respirator, just because then I will have one incase I have need for it in the future. ;)
That's what I figured but then you can use the extra money towards the suit instead of the respirator... :\... For people who are on a budget... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back