Tom11G's M6G Magnum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucas said:
Less posts, more work. Thats going to end up being my motto eventually. Can't run an NC router and post at the same time. Well depending on how new it is. Some of the newer Windows based controls let you use IE while machining! :lol

Are you using a Sherline, or a Komo, or maybe a Brother? Very nice work.

haha using a Zund, its pretty old, from germany..

we can use a .4mm tool on it

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh...my...gosh... this sir, is mind-blowing. I can't even make a coherent sentence.... Please keep it up!

:eek .4 mm Wow. Our Gorton P2-3 fits a 5/16" shank tool and that's it. I have heard of Zund. Have not seen many though. We do have a Deckel FP3NC if you have ever seen one.

thanks for all the comments guys

started moulding the other day hears how it has turned out

mould002.jpg

mould001.jpg

mould.jpg

if you notice the black board with the purple acrylic and white plugs, this will act as a male jig creating the hollowed inside of the gun for the locator pins, trigger and magazine

i also remade the clip/magazine looks more like it now

mould003.jpg

ill get around to doing the other half asap, and the production line to follow

Richie said:
Looks amazing, looking forward to the final paint job.

Awesome work, great detail. I am working on a copy of the Colonial Marine VP-78 pistol from the AVP game, your details have inspired me to work a little harder on it! Regards, Nemesis

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Tom. I couldn't find where anyone else asked this, but, could we see a pic of the size of it when held in hand? The biggest problem with most of the halo pistols are, when built to scale, they are almost impossible to hold because of the size of the grip. This is coming along very nicely by the way.

-Matt

Sweeeettt!!!!!! This is looking simply amazing! Excellent work on the details!

AND too cool that is has moving parts!!! Well designed!

thanks for all the replies

mks81

heres the pictures, yeah with the size, its 260mm long (i think dont have rule on me) exact to the game

so fits the hand pretty nicely

scale3.jpg

scale.jpg

ones ive seen previous though seem to be alot smaller then mine, is there a reason??

heres a photo of the back, dont think i showed the added detail before...

scale2.jpg

everyone feel free to aske any questions

im happy to answer them

thanks

I don't think yours is too big. In fact, it looks really darn good. The problem that I've had in the past is, when built to scale, the grip was just way too big. I don't if the proportions are off or not. The details on the back are incredible, or all of the details for the matter are incredible. Thanks for the pics Tom.

-Matt

Amazing! It looks just like it looks in game:D All up to the tineyest detail;) But i got a quick question: How much does a cnc machine cost? And where can i buy one? I would be very happy if you could give me some info^^

jico, i work for modelmaking firm, the machines cost alot of money, im not quite sure how much but it atleast 6 digits

check out where i work see what else we have done porter models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back