Too Big ? :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacTrigger

Jr Member
Ok, so I've recently finished my low detail MK VI and tried to put it on.

At first I thought the size would be ok since you need to resin and fiberglass and bondo it and so on.

But when I tried out the body armor I figured out that it probably is too big.

I started right away with the downloaded pep files and forgot to measure [attachment=11223:$mg master chief.jpg][attachment=11223:$mg master chief.jpg]anything and aswell I'm not rly good with pc programs and so I've got 2 questions.

Is my armor way too big?

and

How do I measure myself correctly and type that information into Pepakura?

Thanks in advance,

Lorenz~[attachment=11224:$mg master chief.jpg]

MacTrigger said:
Ok, so I've recently finished my low detail MK VI and tried to put it on.

At first I thought the size would be ok since you need to resin and fiberglass and bondo it and so on.

But when I tried out the body armor I figured out that it probably is too big.

I started right away with the downloaded pep files and forgot to measure [attachment=11223:$mg master chief.jpg][attachment=11223:$mg master chief.jpg]anything and aswell I'm not rly good with pc programs and so I've got 2 questions.

Is my armor way too big?

and

How do I measure myself correctly and type that information into Pepakura?

Thanks in advance,

Lorenz~

yeahh a little too big..

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with the grumbonator. Also, you should look around before you ask about the scaling. There are like 3 stickied threads about it.

Adam said:
Shoulders and Cod, yes... helmet and shins, probably fine.

What he said. The helm looks right to me, the shin may be a tad bigger than they should be but the shoulders and codpiece are definitely too big.

Lol, a lot of us have been there. You really do need to read the stickys about the sizes. Also if you start the HD stuff look it all over real good before printing it out. There are a lot of different parts with different scales done by other members, so what might work for one won't work for the other parts. Read everything you can about getting the sizes right & learn to measure yourself & how to set the scale right for your body. It sucks but only you can get it right. I am on my 3rd helm. Just think of the others as practice. I think that everyone has had at least one piece that was either to big, small, or just didn't turn out right. It will be worth it though. Also check out Abrant3's youtube videos. He is another good source for info on sizing. Good luck & remember to have fun.

Mavrick said:
to be honest, if you measure yourself you cant fail.

^This is how I did just about all of my armor. I ended up with one thigh and codpiece that were too small, but that's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back