Tracker Helmet WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
A brief update for you all: I'm still working on the file, but in light of some fresh reference material for me to work from (hint hint), I'm taking this opportunity to clean up Ted's file a little more and make sure it's absolutely as good as it possibly can be.

I promise, as soon as I have further updates I'll be sure to post them. Watch this space.

A brief update for you all: I'm still working on the file, but in light of some fresh reference material for me to work from (hint hint), I'm taking this opportunity to clean up Ted's file a little more and make sure it's absolutely as good as it possibly can be.

I promise, as soon as I have further updates I'll be sure to post them. Watch this space.

thank you Ted and Arcanine

just thought i'd pop in and say i am currently unfolding This!!!!!!!!!

Great stuff. I've identified a few accuracy flaws in the model that need clearing away - chief among them are the pair of raised ridges on the sides of the helm, and the AI port at the back of the helmet. However, you're welcome to work on the current version as a test, I suppose.

just about to hit the fancy little unfold button

tracker_unfold2_zps17e0f7ae.jpg

once unfolded and organized i will pep this myself before releasing the file, just to make sure it has a decent base scale.

Attachments

• tracker_unfold2_zps17e0f7ae.jpg
    tracker_unfold2_zps17e0f7ae.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 179
ok so i have the raw, slightly cleaned up pep file. it's A LOT of pages. 43 to be exact. if anyone wants to take a stab at cutting down the page numbers (which hopefully will be possible) msg me and i will send you the file.

i know the picture is REALLY blurry, but heres what i got so far on pepping this beast out.

12327900204_c2f8e72aa8.jpg

Attachments

• 12327900204_c2f8e72aa8.jpg
    12327900204_c2f8e72aa8.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 156
12329537734_a50388fa7f.jpg
finished one half of the sun visor, now to finish the rest of the first half of the helm.

Attachments

• 12329537734_a50388fa7f.jpg
    12329537734_a50388fa7f.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 156
Great work on the 3D model and pep work Ted, Arcanine and Nerdtron99 (hope I didn't miss anyone). Can't wait to see one built and see how the vision issue is addressed.

Great work on the 3D model and pep work Ted, Arcanine and Nerdtron99 (hope I didn't miss anyone). Can't wait to see one built and see how the vision issue is addressed.

Yeah, maybe I'm missing something here, but how will the wearer be able to see?

Yeah, maybe I'm missing something here, but how will the wearer be able to see?

Make a buck out of the visor and vacu-forming would be the most reliable route I think, but it could be improvised by cutting parts of the visor, replacing it with transparent and painting it as one colour.

Great job nerdtron! Can't wait to see it done :) Are there any particular parts that have really tedious pieces?

thanks Ted! your the one who made it possible! the triple eye thing has some pretty tedious pieces, and some of the small raised areas too. other than that, it's pretty easy (for me anyways)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back