TRANSPARENT PEP Energy Sword

Status
Not open for further replies.

MC PwN 3R

yep...thats right! transparent pep...i will never do it again...too hard looking for the right pieces cuz all of them look the same as nothing...
but in the end, this is not the finished product as its not painted or resined (handle) yet.
but for now, bask in the glorious essence of this sword....1 4/\/\ l337 h4x0r$!!!

if it didnt look like the numbers were on there, i would have to say that is the most ghetto sword i have ever seen.

but it isnt, so your fine.

besides, ghetto is cool.

MC PwN 3R said:
yep...thats right! transparent pep...i will never do it again...too hard looking for the right pieces cuz all of them look the same as nothing...
but in the end, this is not the finished product as its not painted or resined (handle) yet.
but for now, bask in the glorious essence of this sword....1 4/\/\ l337 h4x0r$!!!

LOL.
You must have print out the pep on that clear overhead projector plastic film stuff.
LOL

Great idea,

although i am playing around with the idea of using casting resin (the clear stuff) for making mine and just embedding the glow wire in it before it cures.

Last edited by a moderator:
lolz, nice. Id say try gluing EL wire *if possible, I don't know* around some of the creases inside the sword, then put the electronics in the handle!

MC PwN 3R said:

did u use the pdf file that i gave u of the sword?

shadow8136 said:
did u use the pdf file that i gave u of the sword?
no, actually used the pdo version, so that i could scale it a little better and make some of the pieces fit due to the scaling, but i saw your pdf file energy sword and it looks good. similar to what the pdo version was.

Spartan-343 said:
lolz, nice. Id say try gluing EL wire *if possible, I don't know* around some of the creases inside the sword, then put the electronics in the handle!
i would but damned radio shack ran out of blue led lights, so i have to 'lightly' mist the sword with cyan and purple spray paint...i just hope it doesnt destroy the thing, it looks good.

tonsofhoopla said:
LOL.
You must have print out the pep on that clear overhead projector plastic film stuff.
LOL

Great idea,

although i am playing around with the idea of using casting resin (the clear stuff) for making mine and just embedding the glow wire in it before it cures
yes i did, and it was a pain finding them, when they can blend into their surroundings. lol indeed. and btw, good luck on that project of your and hope it turns out well and way better than mine! :)

too bad we cant make it retract like the real one is...

Looks good, you should retry doing it by making your own patterns onto the clear sheets. You can manually fold or bend them so you dont have layers of plastic, just 1 huge layer that is super long. You could cut out the shape of the sword, and crimp or bend the edges and make a solid cleaner looking piece.

sup frosty!
well, in anycase, i was thinking of making dual energy swords...
the sheets only comes in 8 x 11.5 and i dont think one entire sheet is gonna hold one section of the blade.
believe me, i edited it as much as possible within 20 sheets...80 was the median number and it worked just fine and i like it...
if i can get ahold of 12 blue led lights, ill be set, along with 12 resistors.
then again, i would have to take apart the entire thing again, so it might not happen.
however, my next project is gonna be the grav hamma, im gonna fiberglass that thing and make it nice...

if what im implying to what you said is wrong, please correct me, cuz i dont fully understand what u said.
and thanks for the comment :)

BUMP thread...
anyways, i am aware of the double post but hear me out; i just wanna show the finished version of the energy sword, painted.
004-1.jpg

there ya go

MC PwN 3R said:
no, actually used the pdo version, so that i could scale it a little better and make some of the pieces fit due to the scaling, but i saw your pdf file energy sword and it looks good. similar to what the pdo version was.
i would but damned radio shack ran out of blue led lights, so i have to 'lightly' mist the sword with cyan and purple spray paint...i just hope it doesnt destroy the thing, it looks good.
yes i did, and it was a pain finding them, when they can blend into their surroundings. lol indeed. and btw, good luck on that project of your and hope it turns out well and way better than mine! :)
too bad we cant make it retract like the real one is...
Thanks, yours is looking good as well, very unique concept, lol

-Justin

If I were you , I'd paint it one solid color instead of having blotches of transparency.

You could get some bright white led's and put them in spots on the sword , it'll look like a halo 1 or 2 sword and the lights will glow through the paint and plastic , giving a cool glowing and warming effect.

-Joe

if i did one solid colour, then that would beat the reason i used transparent paper.
i would use led lights but the source by circuit city has like no blue left, so i was forced to do otherwise.

MC PwN 3R said:

Hey, can you post the Energy Sword PDO file? I've been looking everywhere for one.

Thanks.

Gunny

The numbers showing on the original had me wondering how it would turn out. I think the paint helped a lot on this finished one.

I'm also surprised that you were able to get the transparencies to fold as well as you did. Those sheets are awfully difficult to work with ;)

GUNNY: Look in the pep download sticky, its there somewhere.

VEXONA: all the more reason i will never work with transparency papers again. this was only pulled off due to my previous skills in origami, preferrably the Kawasaki 'New' Rose. otherwise, this was not able to have been pulled off.

RAL: acrylic plastic? pics? references? i dont know what they are so...meh, limits my choice.

You could always make another one out of paper, fiberglass it, bondo and detail it, mold it, and make casts from clear plastic or clear resin.
It'd be a lot more expensive, and I think it'd be easier, cheaper, and look better to just buy the laser tag one.

MC PwN 3R said:
RAL: acrylic plastic? pics? references? i dont know what they are so...meh, limits my choice.
Here's the clear polyester resin used in the video made my Tapp Plastics:

The video shows the person embedding things in the resin but the same principle applies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back