Trouble with a lopsided helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PopPunk6665

I've been skulking around here for a bit, and when I finally got up the courage I decided I'd start my first cosplay with a marine. Specifically, I'm following the tutorial series from Andrew Dft. I'm almost done, and have even painted and strapped some sections of armor, but was finishing up the helmet and noticed it's kind of lopsided. Specifically in the top-middle, one section is slightly raised. Any ideas?

Have you got some photos to give us an idea? My CE Marine helmet was a bit skewed, and I fixed it by firstly doing what I can with a heat gun, manipulating it into shape; Secondly, using an armature wire inside to hold it in the right shape, gluing it in with hot glue (and later epoxy) then covering it in foam for comfort.

Have you got some photos to give us an idea? My CE Marine helmet was a bit skewed, and I fixed it by firstly doing what I can with a heat gun, manipulating it into shape; Secondly, using an armature wire inside to hold it in the right shape, gluing it in with hot glue (and later epoxy) then covering it in foam for comfort.
I decided I'd use a heat gun and that seemed to work, but I think once I'm done painting I'll add some wire for support. That sounds smart, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back