Tutorial: Every Step from the beginning to the end!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sikarian said:
That fan thing sounds like how I explained it... lulz.

lol i actually saw it on a stormtroopers website ^^

MasterChiefOwns what do you really want? =P more pictures or just more explaination?

Last edited by a moderator:
awesome tut, im honored you used and idea of mine. thanks for asking as well.

ill have the new, detailed description i was talking about with pics ASAP, youll be the first to see it.

MandoMan531 said:
awesome tut, im honored you used and idea of mine. thanks for asking as well.

ill have the new, detailed description i was talking about with pics ASAP, youll be the first to see it.

thanks, and thanks again :D

Here, I've drawn up a new picture explaining the fan thing better. I'm not an artist, so piss off if you don't like it :)

fanexplain.jpg

Ignore the yellow wire in the fan plug entirely. Solder the negative wire from the black slot on the fan plug to the negative lead on the battery. This can be either the battery itself (not recommended), or a 9v battery holder. The simplest ones are little flaps that connect to the top of the 9V with a red and black wire coming out. Black is negative, red is positive. Simple enough.

Solder the black from the battert to the black of the battery connector...then solder a wire from the red of the plug to the switch, then from the switch to the positive side (red) of the battery

Sikarian said:
Here, I've drawn up a new picture explaining the fan thing better. I'm not an artist, so piss off if you don't like it :)

fanexplain.jpg

Ignore the yellow wire in the fan plug entirely. Solder the negative wire from the black slot on the fan plug to the negative lead on the battery. This can be either the battery itself (not recommended), or a 9v battery holder. The simplest ones are little flaps that connect to the top of the 9V with a red and black wire coming out. Black is negative, red is positive. Simple enough.

Solder the black from the battert to the black of the battery connector...then solder a wire from the red of the plug to the switch, then from the switch to the positive side (red) of the battery

I think thats basically what i said =P

dont get me wrong i do not mean to be offensive but please reread my fan tut =P

and yeah your fan image is nice =P

FirePhoenix NL said:
I think thats basically what i said =P

dont get me wrong i do not mean to be offensive but please reread my fan tut =P

and yeah your fan image is nice =P

Well, the fans dont generally come with just a red/black cable sticking out. They have a plug designed for a 12v motherboard rail, which you have to solder into like I demonstrated.

Sikarian said:
Well, the fans dont generally come with just a red/black cable sticking out. They have a plug designed for a 12v motherboard rail, which you have to solder into like I demonstrated.

Oh sorry then.. i've read somewhere that those fans generally have the wires... but ok i will update it =P

fansupply.jpg

Found this. This is a 12v 2 pin connector, it's got red/black. You can just solder directly into the little pin holes at the end of the plug (positive/negative).

Heres a photo with a good picture of the 3 pin 12v connector

fan_plug_thumb.jpg

so it's easier to see the yellow/red/black and also the pin holes you have to solder into.

Sikarian said:
fansupply.jpg

Found this. This is a 12v 2 pin connector, it's got red/black. You can just solder directly into the little pin holes at the end of the plug (positive/negative).

Heres a photo with a good picture of the 3 pin 12v connector

fan_plug_thumb.jpg

so it's easier to see the yellow/red/black and also the pin holes you have to solder into.

ah damn lol.. i just made a whole paint image =P

fan2.jpg

I was wondering tho.. cant you just cut the plug of and solder the wires? =P

FirePhoenix NL said:
ah damn lol.. i just made a whole paint image =P

I was wondering tho.. cant you just cut the plug of and solder the wires? =P

You could, better not to, honestly. The pin recesses give you more of a place to hold the wire and fill with solder. Two open wires just soldered together has more of a chance of breaking than a stripped wire pushed into the pin hole.

Sikarian said:
You could, better not to, honestly. The pin recesses give you more of a place to hold the wire and fill with solder. Two open wires just soldered together has more of a chance of breaking than a stripped wire pushed into the pin hole.

updated it, tell me if its allright now :)

FirePhoenix NL said:
updated it, tell me if its allright now :)

Looks okay to me. I'm a stickler for red/black, so I'd personally say positive/negative. The wiring inside my helmet is all purple for negative and positive, so color is kind of moot :p

Sikarian said:
Looks okay to me. I'm a stickler for red/black, so I'd personally say positive/negative. The wiring inside my helmet is all purple for negative and positive, so color is kind of moot :p

hehe, well i thought i would keep everything as simple as possible...

btw, english is my second language so sometimes i cant really phrase a scentence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back