Tutorial: How To Make Good Folds For Pepakura Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much for this thread. My brother has started to rush a pepakura and has really struggled with the folds, so now I know what to do... and what not to do. :)

Hi I downloaded this pep file and its weird its got fold lines like this ................................... Not like this -------------------------- it dose have the dashes but they seem to be the revers of what I'm used to I just need to now if I've been wasting my time

Ok I have a question on one of the armor pieces. The chest to be exact. Under the LD MKVI Chest that Robogenesis made it comes out --------- and ............ are the dashes the mountain fold and the dots valley? or the other way around?

This is amazingly helpful.
I'm new to all this and I haven't had a single problem with my papercraft since reading this.
Thanks a ton for the tut!

This is good, but I find it just as easy to build without the pen lines, if you have your computer infront of you s o you know what part you ar using. I also use a scoring tool as well as a hobby xacto knife to cut and fold parts.

I am by no means good at pepping' but i just thought i'd chime in and say that i use a slightly dull letter opener, it won't cut through and is only a little bit thicker than a xacto blade yet i find it very easy to handle.

I have been using something a little different. You can get this tool from some sign supply shops but it is a weeding tool. It basically has a metal point that you can go over your lines with one time and you have a super clean fold. It's just sharp enough to score without going through your paper. Roughly the same size as an x-acto knife on the body. You can use a small plastic triangle then and not have to worry about cutting it up. I like my metal rulers but I found it too thin to move around my sheets easily. A small plastic triangle worked best.

This is exactly what I needed to know. First time pepping. Was cutting everything out and realizing the two different sets of dotted lines. I really like the colour idea.

Iceman you are the best!!! Thanks so much for taking the time to make the tut. As a noob I had the need to learn as much as I can before I pick my project and start making it, I have read all the tutorials for like 2 weeks, your by far one of the best!!! Thanks man....

I have used a stainless steel weeding tool available at most sign shops to score my lines. This metal tool also lets me hold down very small detail whiule glue sets. I also recommend just scoring on a cutting mat. Soft enough for scoring. If you manage to get a bunch of glue on your weeding tool you can scrape it clean with an x-acto.

Check out the tools I used for my build. Pretty basic. I also used a small plastic triangle for scoring instead of metal. slides faster and easier i found.
http://asgardianhammer.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4a89r9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back