Twilight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamerguy55

I searched for a topic about this and couldn't find one, so if this is re-post: Please, don't shoot.

Sexy_Edward_Cullen____by_ilovehiim.jpg

Is it just me, or does it look like someone ran over his face with a steamroller?

Anyhu,

I haven't seen the movie yet, nor have I read the book(s). From what I understand it's just the same love story you get in every movie, only with vampires, but I've heard so much about it I'm becoming curious. Has anyone seen it/read the books, is it really that good? -- or is the fact that I've the heard most of this from girls, who all seem to have an odd infatuation with some Edward Cullen dude? Either way, I wanna' know what you think.

Totally off topic, but I started listening to Imogen Heap a few days ago, and they're really good.

gamerguy55 said:
Is it just me, or does it look like someone ran over his face with a steamroller?
wwwrrryyyyyyyy!
lol
well same, you dont have to look good, take chief for instants, he's abnormally pale... i digres

Last edited by a moderator:
I read all four books ( Twilight, New moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn) but the Twilight movie missed alot of things. Overall Id rate it a 8.5.

gamerguy55 said:
Has anyone seen it/read the books, is it really that good? -- or is the fact that I've the heard most of this from girls, who all seem to have an odd infatuation with some Edward Cullen dude?

Back in my day, the trendy vampire love story (in a way) was An Interview With a Vampire (in the early 90's). It's just a love story for tweens and teens. I begrudgingly went to see Twilight at the movies with the family. I wasn't too terribly impressed, but my daughter (11) is totally consumed with Edward Cullen. I think it's the fantasy of having someone mysterious, respected/feared by all others, and totally devoted - almost destined - to be with you. It's romantic. I tease her a smidge about Edward Cullen (saying "Oh, Edward" in a high shrilly girly swoon voice, and then exaggerate kissing noises)...she laughs and her cheeks get red (which is so adorable), but she is reading the books and it's a form of edutainment (reading = good), right?

I have also read all the books..."curiosity you know?" Anyway after seeing this movie at least from a guys perspective it was geared towards the female population. The books didn't have this skew near as much but the movie was banking on the tween girl population instead of relying on the good book writing. The books in my opinion are a good read. The movie was a waste of my time even though my wife loved it and we don't disagree much.
-Enough critic talk, that's my 411 on the movie/book.

read part of a book, hated it, I didnt see the movie cuz all the retard girls in my school were saying it was "the best movie EVAAAARRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!" (said the same thing about high school musical and it SUUUUUUCKEDDDDDD)

dont trust idiotic teen girls who constantly slur their words as if they're drunk

To you people who read the books: Did it seem like the movie tried to cram too much story into it? A few people I talked to said it was alright, but it should have been in two or three movies.

Never heard about this movie till I saw a preview for it at the theatres and instantly said, "Dumb." To later learn it's some best seller book series that people claimed would be the next 'Harry Potter' franchise only tightened the noose on my opinion of this movie. The fact that little girls are idolizing the actor portraying the main character to a Children's book is no surprise to me.

I found it extremely offensive that my best friend who is 22 (who used to live for the Vampire Chronicles for over 5 years) would suddenly slump so low as to obsess over Twilight. Thus I hate the franchise. To me, it's Harry Potter for goth wannabes. And I hated Harry Potter.

My sister has been obsessing over the whole entire series and it's getting REALLY annoying. I read Twilight, and actually wanted to stop reading it and move on to something else. It also gets a little uncomfortable for guys.(Ex. "He touched his cold cheek to my chest and listened to my heart.") I saw the movie, and I thought of it as a disgrace of a book that was a disgrace to read. Basicly, really horrible series and movie.

Odessa-086 said:
I found it extremely offensive that my best friend who is 22 (who used to live for the Vampire Chronicles for over 5 years) would suddenly slump so low as to obsess over Twilight. Thus I hate the franchise. To me, it's Harry Potter for goth wannabes. And I hated Harry Potter.
I agree with both things you have written. You get a cookie.

Pilot92 said:
i think the dude looks high

LOL High and hasnt eaten for a week, that would explain his skin color.

A friend of mine has read all the books. I havent heard anything from her yet about it, dunno if shes seen the movie. Her and her little sister told me to read em.......She said the books had vamps and werewolves in it.......seems like a drawn out romance novel with necrophelia as the main story line.

lolol hularious
lolol:lol: :lol:
lololol funny​

Ok, this is coming from a boy with an intelligent sister;

The reason why so many girls love this book is because of how it is written. The girls can relate to how Stephanie Meyers perfectly described the way Bella feels in certain parts of this love story.(Edward leaving) The girls who read it feel exactly how she feels, and can symphisize for her. Now only in events, but how she feels when she sees him and everything. That is whay they love this story, it is like THEIR story.

And why do they love Edward? Well, it's really not his looks at all. If you read the books, Edward is very classic. He is 500 years old or whatever, and he has the manners from 500 years ago. He treats women as people higher up than him. He respects them and is a perfect gentleman to them. And in our world, that is VERY rare to find. And no matter how much girls say thay love the badass guys, deep down, they truely love a gentleman who loves them, not their body.

That is why girls love Twilight. At least I think so.

23Magnum said:
Never heard about this movie till I saw a preview for it at the theatres and instantly said, "Dumb." To later learn it's some best seller book series that people claimed would be the next 'Harry Potter' franchise only tightened the noose on my opinion of this movie. The fact that little girls are idolizing the actor portraying the main character to a Children's book is no surprise to me.
you are now my best friend.

RadioaciveMicrobe said:
Ok, this is coming from a boy with an intelligent sister;

The reason why so many girls love this book is because of how it is written. The girls can relate to how Stephanie Meyers perfectly described the way Bella feels in certain parts of this love story.(Edward leaving) The girls who read it feel exactly how she feels, and can symphisize for her. Now only in events, but how she feels when she sees him and everything. That is whay they love this story, it is like THEIR story.
And why do they love Edward? Well, it's really not his looks at all. If you read the books, Edward is very classic. He is 500 years old or whatever, and he has the manners from 500 years ago. He treats women as people higher up than him. He respects them and is a perfect gentleman to them. And in our world, that is VERY rare to find. And no matter how much girls say thay love the badass guys, deep down, they truely love a gentleman who loves them, not their body.
That is why girls love Twilight. At least I think so.

Ok, you can kill me later, but I've read the books (in my defense, my girlfriend at the time wanted me to.) and while I somewhat understand the general infatuation with Edward (except for one of my friends, who's like "He's a fake vampire, just shut the f**k up!"), I just don't really care...

And now the perfectionist me wants to walk up and say he's only 100-odd years old, but still kinda weird to be going out with a 17-year-old girl, no matter what his relative age is. However, you did get the mannerisms down pat, and I admit that I catch myself trying to be the same way at times, just because of it. It seems to work on my girlfriend, so life is good :D lol, but I refuse to see the damn movie.

EDIT: Matt, I see you reading this. Don't kill me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back