Txbordr's H3: Odst

Status
Not open for further replies.

TxBordr

Txbordr's H3-ODST and the start of Hal's Outfit...

Well it's a start! Pretty good for a little 2 a.m. work.

Rookie helm from Rundown & Ral.

DSCI0548.jpg

It's been running a bit slow; nice "get outside" weather, work and such.

That and turning IDs off.

Almost done with the crown section

DSCI0632.jpg

Got to keep a personal visual on the progress

DSCI0631.jpg

Those grove details are KILLING me.

Can someone tell me how to get pieces to print out white instead of blue in Pep Designer?

I've got a few pieces I need to reprint but they're on separate pages and don't want to reprint those whole pages.

Thanks guys.

Though I don't really know how I've kept it any whiter than whoever else has posted around here.

It's been over a month. Sorry guys.

I read somewhere around here that it's a good idea to keep moving, as some people put so much time and effort into a helm, that once done they never really get around to finishing any given suit. I've managed to complete...(I think it's Nintendude's?) the ODST chestplate:

DSCI0838.jpg

NOW WITH BUILT IN WARPING!!

DSCI0839.jpg

How's this for an unscaled fit?

DSCI0841.jpg

On a separate note, I got the Ironman Arc Reactor pep'd:

DSCI0844.jpg

Oh...shiny

DSCI0847.jpg

35415_509890569801_175000224_30352158_5247557_n.jpg

So I've put some work in over the two months.
I still need to get that left forehead ridge finished but whenever I got to print the piece it prints like this:
35195_509890739461_175000224_30352166_3248325_n.jpg

The pep piece is misaligned, while the wheels print out fine a minute later off the same printer.
I think I need to reload Pepakura again right?

Sad? Yes.
It's HAS taken me over 8 months to get through the resin stage but I just have one more coat to put on the VISR.

Txbordr
Photo0177.jpg

Then I get to teach myself some bondo!
Txbordr
Txbordr

You're going to feel a huge sense of accomplishment when you finish, considering how long it's taking you! :)

Of course, nothing wrong with that. The helmet looks great so far. Good luck with the Bondo; I also taught myself how to use for my suit. Remember, baby steps! :cool

I'm really starting to get worri-noid.
A couple places on my helmet STILL haven't cured while the corresponding side HAS. One side of the visor (left side) and the bottom ridge line, while the top and opp side cured after being put on, the same batch of resin mix.

I'm really starting to get worri-noid.
A couple places on my helmet STILL haven't cured while the corresponding side HAS. One side of the visor (left side) and the bottom ridge line, while the top and opp side cured after being put on, the same batch of resin mix.

If the resin don't cure all the way, you can always reresin over it again, but I don't know how long ago you resined it so it still maay be curing, some people put talcum powder on it to dry the stickie parts also

Thank you for the tip, I finally put more resin over it.
I was always under them impression adding resin to uncured mix would lead to a very quick hardening situation.

Anywho, I tried posting this in a general discussions thread but I am not privileged enough to start a new thread there.
I saw this guys campaign poster last week: http://www.johngarza117.com/
If he only knew the power he could wield. Hahaha. Only in Tejas!

very nice peppin man, i need to learn to be neater with my gluein, but hope you dont mind me askin but wut glue method do you use to construct you helmet?

Nice Pep work!
Thanks sir

very nice peppin man, i need to learn to be neater with my gluein, but hope you dont mind me askin but wut glue method do you use to construct you helmet?

Uhhh, well, I've used Aleene's: Original TACKY GLUE and looootsa patience.
The stuff works amazing, good mix of hold and quick dry-time (plus no burnt fingers).

Have you stared any pep work? I haven't seen any yet and I'd look forward to watching more TX builders!
Just ask and I'll give answers as best I can.

UPDATE!

While I haven't really had the cash to get supplies I do have a near limitless access to cardbord at work, SO I've started work on Hal's Outfit from Fable II. I've done the handplates and I'm working my way through my first CB helmet!

HalProj.jpg

Photo0413.jpg

Photo0471.jpg

Photo0470.jpg

Photo0476.jpg

I've done work on the shoulders but I don't really like where they're going so..poo...:p

I'm having trouble getting the brim right...but I'm getting really close.

Cardboard tips and crits wanted.

Also, Dungbeetle, thanks for the leather tips and encouragement!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back