Ultimate Iron Man Thread Continued

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tool said:
I say it once i say this again. your find is good, mine is better.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysrhmi5CjUw&feature=related[/media]

once again, I don't usually brag but I think I deserve an internet high five.

Very nice! I too am working on an arc reactor.

Here it is, the $5 solar powered arc reactor!

chestlight001.jpg

Yup, looks like garbage, but I'm working on it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
nice arc reactor but i would have to say mine is a little more realistic

[attachment=11458:l_0119f9765b06432792de7107f0dbf2bc.jpg]

Amasarac said:

:eek OMG that looks epic did you punch tony stark in the face and take it? lol im so watching this thread i intend to make a set of armor for the movie release :) keep up the good work guys

Amasarc, as i said before, amazing arc reactor!! I dont have mine built just yet, but i have a spot picked out for it.

Amasarac said:

That's a thing of beauty right there mate. Any chance there's a tutorial available, or did you just do it on the fly?

montee916 said:
That's a thing of beauty right there mate. Any chance there's a tutorial available, or did you just do it on the fly?

its on instructables. and something tells me he didnt make this one.

M3MPHIS said:
does anyone know if it is possible to turn the L3X PDO into a pdf? or if there is one out there already?

I can save it as a pdf for you, I scaled it to 26cm though. The original was 28cm kinda big for my small asian head :)

Measure your head's height in cm and I can scale it for you as well.

purgedsoul said:
I can save it as a pdf for you, I scaled it to 26cm though. The original was 28cm kinda big for my small asian head :)

Measure your head's height in cm and I can scale it for you as well.

my head is about 26cm tall according to my measurments. If i need it scaled differently after the first attempt, I come back to you for another try.. THANKS!!!

has anyone actually built sharkheads neck file? just wondering if there is a reference picture out there.

After building the neck file, would it be possible to actually move your head around? Like in other armor (master chief and storm trooper) you have free movement of your head because usually it's a soft armor neck seal.

I was supposed to be the one to make and test it, but I've been way to busy with school and band and sewing and stagecraft, so if someone has a chance to try it, go for it.

the pep file I have (might be sharkhead's) looks like it would take a lot of modification after fiberglass to make it possible to move your head.... I'm still working on the helmet pep right now so maybe when that is finished I can contribute some more info.

The last ironman costume I did (see avatar) had a flexible foam neck piece. I am thinking about a segmented plastic neck seal for the next go around.

purgedsoul: THANK YOU!!!

Then I suppose I'll look at doing a latex neck. Not sure how well a segmented plastic one would hold up. This suit doesn't seem like it would really be wearable without at least a few flexible pieces.

one of the other members on these forums (masterlee?) has made two very nice full suits and has posted somewhere (can't remember where) a .gif of a flexible piece of his armor and it looks to be made of plastic. I'm thinking somthing along those lines MIGHT work....

Thats what i was going to try for the stomach. Kind of attach the pieces in the rear by the spine and leave a pivot of sorts so they line up ontop of eachother when needed but sink into behind eachother when bending over or something. I havent gotten around to it just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back