Ultimate Iron Man Thread Continued

Status
Not open for further replies.
can someone please reply my post with a link to Sharky's pep file everyone seems to be using for the helmet? its looks extremely accurate to the movie helmet. I pepped one about 2 months ago but never finished. It is nice but I dunno. it looks like Sharkhead's is alot more accurate than the file I used

SupermanExtreme1 said:
can someone please reply my post with a link to Sharky's pep file everyone seems to be using for the helmet? its looks extremely accurate to the movie helmet. I pepped one about 2 months ago but never finished. It is nice but I dunno. it looks like Sharkhead's is alot more accurate than the file I used

The latest one has been unfolded by L3X BLU3R1V3R and posted on a different page, here's a direct link to the post.
http://405th.com/forums/index.php?s=&s...st&p=292097

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Jonny for the link, but it just takes me to the main page. I found the file anyway because you gave the name of the uploader L3X BLU3R1V3R. Anyway here is a direct link to the file if anyone else wants it.

L3x UIM helmet

This one works for me. I can now get to building it.

Good to see you managed to cut the faceplate off, but a bummer you broke that bit at the top. Knowing people like you, it doesn't matter that it broke because you will be able to sort it and make it look great.

@ Prince NEO: Ha Ha. I remeber those days. Doggin school, not doing work. Ah. The fun times I had. And then I went home, and then the biggest turd you can imagine hit the fan. So, I know how you feel. My problem was I kept doing it. So things didn't go to smooth most of the time. But im sure as long as you get all of your work done and don't do anything daft you will be back to peping and posting in no time.

Ps: Don't make the same mistake most people (including me) made and leave school early. As it doesn't tend to work out to well. Stick in and get a job doing what you want to do.

Thanks, I've worked most of it out and I may be pepping again in the next few days, so that's enough of this, It's hijacking Sharkhead's thread, and He's gonna have my hide for it.

MINZEZ said:
Thanks Jonny for the link, but it just takes me to the main page. I found the file anyway because you gave the name of the uploader L3X BLU3R1V3R. Anyway here is a direct link to the file if anyone else wants it.

L3x UIM helmet

This one works for me. I can now get to building it.

Good to see you managed to cut the faceplate off, but a bummer you broke that bit at the top. Knowing people like you, it doesn't matter that it broke because you will be able to sort it and make it look great.

@ Prince NEO: Ha Ha. I remeber those days. Doggin school, not doing work. Ah. The fun times I had. And then I went home, and then the biggest turd you can imagine hit the fan. So, I know how you feel. My problem was I kept doing it. So things didn't go to smooth most of the time. But im sure as long as you get all of your work done and don't do anything daft you will be back to peping and posting in no time.

Ps: Don't make the same mistake most people (including me) made and leave school early. As it doesn't tend to work out to well. Stick in and get a job doing what you want to do.

thanks so much

Ah yeah, they've changed the forum so those links won't work anymore :(

I cut the jaw off mine yesterday, so I've been thinking about the jaw hinge and think I've got an idea on how I can do it.

Not sure if I can do it tonight though as I've got a clan match.

Prince NEO said:
It's hijacking Sharkhead's thread, and He's gonna have my hide for it.

Not just your's but mine too. So SORRY Sharkhead!

SupermanExtreme1 said:
thanks so much

No problem. I was in the same boat as you, so since I found it thanks to Jonny, I thought I would post the link.

Jonny said:
Ah yeah, they've changed the forum so those links won't work anymore :(

I cut the jaw off mine yesterday, so I've been thinking about the jaw hinge and think I've got an idea on how I can do it.

Not sure if I can do it tonight though as I've got a clan match.

I noticed that once I clicked on the link. But I got it anyway because you gave the uploaders name. Thanks.

I've thought of quite a few ways of making a motorised hinge for this but the problem was finding motors small enough to fit in the helmet so that you can wear it at the same time. Even with motors that are small enough then trying to make the hinge fit along with your head and the wires, what a pain. I mean I don't have a big head but what a tight squeeze. Even in a pep model! I think I need a smaller head :p.

Whats your idea. It's probably better than mine.

edit: Started on pepin the L3X helmet. hopefull I will have more room in this one, along with some new ideas.

No, it's just Sharkhead has been busy with Stuffs, I'll leave it to him on wither he wants to go into detail or not.

I don't know about Jonny.

And as for me, I have to do my work in secrete, and On top of that I need to make my MC armor in 4 weeks, and I just started, So I took a break from the chest, and I'm not putting up pics until It's all pepped.

I would post some pics, although I haven't finished bondoing the helmet yet. It's about half way there, so I may post some pictures soon. Should prob get on that....

Prince NEO said:
And as for me, I have to do my work in secrete, and On top of that I need to make my MC armor in 4 weeks, and I just started, So I took a break from the chest, and I'm not putting up pics until It's all pepped.

Why 4 weeks? It's not much time to get everything done.

I noticed some mistakes in the unfold for the L3X helmet. Some of the tabs are inside some of the faces. I have tried to sort all of the ones that I have found but some are that small and insignificant, I think they can be left. I will upload the edited one if anyone wants it.

Apart from the small mistakes my pep build of the L3X helmet is going well. Just printed the adjusted parts and they are ready to be cut out. Everything else is cut and I am glueing it together now.

There are also a few problems with the Torso build, but nothing major, just one part that is put ontop of another so you have to move it yourself, and I think 2 edges on the collar don't have tabs, but other then that I haven't found anything.

And AFO is in 4 weeks, Anime Fest Orlando, and there is a guy there that interviews people with home made costumes and props that look cool or good, so I'm doing my armor, Any more questions on it, PM me, cause Sharkhead WILL hit me with a milk jug when I get to his house for Hijacking his thread.

Some of the tabs are wrong in the L3X unfold? I didn't have any problems, all the tabs fit together although I had to trim some to fit by other folds.

Anywho, I've been away for a week on business but here are the shots I took before I left.

IMG_0242.JPG

IMG_0243.JPG

IMG_0244.JPG

IMG_0247.JPG

IMG_0248.JPG

IMG_0249.JPG

IMG_0251.JPG

IMG_0252.JPG

The jaw is hinged, but I'm going to redo the hinges as I'm not happy with them. Although they do work, I still need to do the bar that will stop it flapping with strong magnets to hold it up.

Nice job, and for magnets, I suggest Neodymium Magnets, they are the most powerful you can get, and they are around 5 bucks for a 4 pack.

@ jonny: Yeah there are a few little tabs and faces that are slightly overlapping but nothing major as you have obviously seen. They dont really matter but I thought I would just point it out for people that are not very good at pep.

Your helmet looks cool. I know that you are going to make the faceplate move, but are you going to do it the same way as on Instructables with that hinge idea, or are you thinking of a different way?

How far does the jaw piece move? Does it come off so that you have easy access for your head to go in?

But so far so good. Keep going and make it look great.

I apologize for the lack of updates, recently I have been up to my neck in art commissions. :/

Drawing out Michael Jackson at the moment. Just thought I'd let ya guys know... I think this thread is just about dead for quite a while unless yall have pics to put up.

May have pictures of the Neck pepped in a few days, and tests to see if you can wear it when it's fully assembled, if not, Then I'll just cut some tape off the tabs so it's two different parts.

Updates anyone?

Hey Neo. hows the neck comming? Have you finished peping it yet? Can you wear it? Easy/hard to put on?

We understand that you are busy Sharkhead. I think it is just that everyone is busy, that is probably why the updates have been slow for a while.

Sorry but no, with AFO 2 weeks away, I have to rush to make my Cloud costume, cause his time, I may be the only one without one, instead of the other way around, so I can't start the neck yet, plus, we just found out I got left back in 10th grade cause I need 8 more credits, so the Shiv has hit the fan, XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back