Under armor? How to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Littlemisssark

So I have a decent idea on how to make Felix’s armor from Red Vs Blue but he has a lot of under armor exposed and I don’t know what to use to make that. Any suggestions?

Depends on your budget and skill set.

Some of the options include:
-Several "Cosplay Zentai" websites now sell dye sublimated suits that resemble the Halo 4/5 undersuit. These range in price from around $100 to a few hundred depending on the site's quality.

-You can buy a plain black/dark gray "Zentai or "Morphsuit" or Underarmor style gear and airbrush or even hand paint the undersuit pattern on it.

-Jo Anne Fabric sells a hex pattern semi strechi pattern under their "Cosplay" line that you could sew into an undersuit.

Depends on your budget and skill set.

Some of the options include:
-Several "Cosplay Zentai" websites now sell dye sublimated suits that resemble the Halo 4/5 undersuit. These range in price from around $100 to a few hundred depending on the site's quality.

-You can buy a plain black/dark gray "Zentai or "Morphsuit" or Underarmor style gear and airbrush or even hand paint the undersuit pattern on it.

-Jo Anne Fabric sells a hex pattern semi strechi pattern under their "Cosplay" line that you could sew into an undersuit.
Thank you!

So I have a decent idea on how to make Felix’s armor from Red Vs Blue but he has a lot of under armor exposed and I don’t know what to use to make that. Any suggestions?
I just recently sewed an undersuit that is pretty accurate to the game. I started by dictating my body, drawing what o saw fro reference pictures, and cut out every peice. Then I traced and cut out the fabric and sewed them together. The problem is is this was a very long and complicated process that took over 250 hours to do. It can get a little toasty in it, and it makes it hard to put the armor on because of friction. It worked out great though. I think if you dont have the time I would recommend the zentai suit as it is much thinner fabric that is more flexible and breathable, and you dont have to worry about any mistakes you made with the seams potentially breaking. If you want more detail on the zentai suit, you could sew or use fabric adhesives to add foam to the inside to give it more shape, or glue fabric to the outside. I also saw someone wearing a chrisis suit as their undersuit that was slightly puffy around the detail that worked really really well with their halo armor. I dont know how much this would be but it definitely worked!
20190708_140202.jpg20190708_140210.jpg20190617_150300.jpg

This is the write-up and loose pattern used for my Reach tech-suit. Be warned that I don't really know how to sew, I kind of just stick fabric together into something that can be worn.

electricknite has an awesome write-up for her Jun tech-suit as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back