Unfolder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaoBreeder

I'm not sure where to put this as I haven't been here for a year. Can someone unfold a pepakura file for me? Also, I lost my pepakura license key, is there any way to retrieve it?

I might be able to help out with the unfold. As far as retrieving your previous key, I'm not really sure.

-Matt

Sorry about that buddy, I didn't see where you edited with the file until today. It looks like a do-able model. I'll see what I can get worked out for you. Give me a little bit of time, but I will definitely get it done for you.

-Matt

Hey Chaobreeder. Seeing as im pretty new to unfolding this is going to take sometime. I do have experience with UV layouts and texturing so I will have it to you by this week. Im just trying to learn how to use pepakura designer.

This is the progress so far. I just got the baseline open edges done. now im going in and fine tuning.
sawdollprogress.png

Oh and Chao, I hope its alright that I moved the mouth down. I could not edit the mouth or the cavity in pepakura.

That looks great! It is okay that you moved the mouth, no problem there. I actually have the original texture that the modeler sent me, if you want it.

Sorry I haven't had a chance to work on this yet. Work, and just life in general has kept me more than a little occupied. The unfold looks good so far, but if you want some help in tidying it up a bit afterwards, let me know.

-Matt

Just some advice for that unfold.........since this model has a lot of curves in it, it would have been MUCH better to have made this into a smooth unfold. I also took this model and opened it up in blender and noticed some "oddities" with this model. I could fix it and clean it up a bit, but I would also like to know who the original modeler was before I do any of that. Also, this unfold has been set for A4 sized paper. If whoever builds it and uses letter size paper, be sure to change that before you print or you will not be a happy person. XD

Yeah i didn't want to mess with the model a whole lot considering that someone else made it. Although I'm proud of my first unfold i'd say. One thing that made this hard was that the model was triangulated. Quads would possibly make it a lot smoother and easier to pep/unfold. Ill make the letter sized unfold tonight and post it here. Chao if you could ask the modeler for permission to edit this model ill gladly smooth this out.

Even with all the angles seen in the model, you can STILL make it into a smooth unfold in pepakura. I do it all the time with my unfolds since it makes it easier to smooth out at the end and requires less bondo work. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back