UNSC Army Airborne trooper foam build. Complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: UNSC army trooper foam build

Very cool. I like the detail you're putting into this. Can't wait to see it finished.

Very cool. I like the detail you're putting into this. Can't wait to see it finished.

thanks man, I'm actually getting very close.

the last order of buisness on this armor after I've finished detailing the body peices and figuring out how to attach it to myself is choosing a helmet. I've dug into the fiction and aparently UNSC Army Airborne pathfinder units prefer to wear a variant of the Mjolnir UA air assault helmet. I found a foam unfold for it, hopefully I'll be starting that soon.

here is a picture:
image.jpg

Nice. What are you planning to use to attach the armor to?

Im going to by a plate carrying vest. I don't really know what to call the vest, so I'll just sayit was the one detal force used in the black hawk down movie. I'll attach velcro to that and have the shoulder pauldrons and abdominal armor contact to that. I'll use a police rigging belt to attach the thigh pieces and the chest piece will slide over the plate carrier and velcro in the back.

Im going to by a plate carrying vest. I don't really know what to call the vest, so I'll just sayit was the one detal force used in the black hawk down movie. I'll attach velcro to that and have the shoulder pauldrons and abdominal armor contact to that. I'll use a police rigging belt to attach the thigh pieces and the chest piece will slide over the plate carrier and velcro in the back.

image.jpg

Heres a picture of the vest.

It official, my armor is completely painted!

image.jpg

Now I just have to attach it to myself and figure out a helmet, hopefully I'll have this all done soon. Also, I 3d printed this handgun to go with it:

image.jpg

If if anyone has any recomendations for a paint job on it, please post up a picture. I was thinking Camo.

Looking great! Maybe you could do a mix of sage and kind of a desert tan color for the gun? Or just a gunmetal gray?

Thanks, and nah. I was looking for something out of the ordinary. Someone suggested I use some stencils for a kryptek pattern, but I'm still undecided. I'm not quiet sure what I mean by "out of the ordinary" but I'll figure it out eventually.

Very cool. That's really smart to use something like that vest that is already made and not having to make something yourself. Besides I think that vest is going to add a lot more to the look of the armor once its all attached. Can't wait to see the finished look.

Very cool. That's really smart to use something like that vest that is already made and not having to make something yourself. Besides I think that vest is going to add a lot more to the look of the armor once its all attached. Can't wait to see the finished look.

Thanks, hopefully it will all be attached and complete soon so I can move on to the helmet.

Interestingly enough, using a vest also makes this build closer to game-accurate as well.

Just one question, though - have you sized the chest to allow for a vest underneath? Because that particular style of plate carrier is fairly bulky in comparison to, say, a molle tactical vest.

Interestingly enough, using a vest also makes this build closer to game-accurate as well.

Just one question, though - have you sized the chest to allow for a vest underneath? Because that particular style of plate carrier is fairly bulky in comparison to, say, a molle tactical vest.

Don't worry dude, the thing is absolutely massive on me, and I've lost weigh since I scaled it as well so I wouldn't expect to have a problem.

Re: UNSC Army Airborne trooper foam build

Oh wow I'm actually doing almost the same thing as you, except I'm putting ONI tags on mine. It's based on when ONI units were issued Air Assault kits to defend the skyhook complexes .

But there's no records of this due to glassed planets having bad records.

Oh wow I'm actually doing almost the same thing as you, except I'm putting ONI tags on mine. It's based on when ONI units were issued Air Assault kits to defend the skyhook complexes .

But there's no records of this due to glassed planets having bad records.

cool, can you give me a link to your build?

Captaincaliflour is cutting the foam, I'll be having quite a few packages coming in the mail over the next week so I'll post pictures of the base for the armor hopefully by the 7th

Last edited by a moderator:

i did the same kind of thing on my build with the tac vest. worked wonders as i am on the bigger side of the house when it comes to my body. the ability to adjust as needed for comfort is a big plus! looks good so far cant wait to see the vest with the plates and everything mounted on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back