Unsc Supply Cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrandonT98

So recently at work (Staples) my managers decided to do a draw for 6 lockers that we had just sitting in the back taking up space. We get one every year for displaying locker organizers and such. We don't normally sell them.. since no one usually buys lockers.. specially when they come with a $450 price tag

I was lucky enough to score one.

Heres some shots of my first initial sanding. just enough to take the gloss coat off and save on using the left over primer from my car.

It stands about 6 foot in height and only has one shelf with 2 hooks on either side. Its not the widest thing in the world so it may only fit a helmet and some smaller pieces. I'll probably make a few shelves to go inside to keep my games and controllers out of the open.

It has some dents and scratches but I figured it would look good weathered and a bit battle worn.

I plan on having it be that lovely military olive green with "U.N.S.C." stenciled on either side with the UNSC insignia. I'm debating on wether or not i should do the inside black or olive green.

so what do you guys think?

UPDATE:

That's a pretty cool idea.

Nice safe place to keep your more precious armor pieces and some games.

Potshot said:
That's a pretty cool idea.

Nice safe place to keep your more precious armor pieces and some games.

Ya thats what I figure.. my mom runs a daycare so it stops little hands from getting into area's they should not be. after its done i'll jsut need some armor to fill it lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice find. Flat black on the inside should look pretty good. Though i think you should seal the paint to prevent it from rubbing off on your gear

Think it looks great, an awesome idea too, it looks like the locker i used to have in middleschool.

thanks guys!

ya I used to use pretty much the same one in school too.

flat black on the inside sounds like a great idea!! I'll coat the whole thing in a matte clear coat to make sure it doesn't get ruined

Nice, thats pretty cool

I'd say if your going for the look from the game, paint the whole locker olive green, stencil the UNSC logo with black, and then have your shelves or whatever you put inside black too

I think thats how it looked.

Just my opinion.

Good luck, and I hope to see how this turns out

-Kung Foo Oyster

The outside is green and the inside is black.

I started painting a last week but I didn't get a chance to get any photos till tonight.

here is where it stands:

I'll be putting "UNSC" Vertically down the front of the locker and then giving it a clear coat matt finish to protect it.

wow this looks really cool i like the logo work it came out nice I screwed up mine on my laptop so noe im just putting UNSC on it but anyway good job now all you need is a nice set of armor to put inside it!!!!

Yeh i think the colour suits it GREAT!, i really like the spray painted effect of the unsc logo, nice work!

Thnaks guys!

I finished it the other day.

I kinda like how the logo's and stuff aren't perfect. I like how it ran a bit and gives it that kinda rushed weathered look to it. I added a few scrapes and things around the edges.

Here are the pics. (p.s. I forgot to take the tape off the handle but its black as well)

th_100_0031.jpg th_100_0032.jpg th_100_0033.jpg th_100_0034.jpg

Now to get some things to fill it.... and possibly get a little name plate to go above the door handle since its got holes for one... jsut not sure if I wanted to do "S-117" or my last name for it lol

id go with my last name, makes it more personal. it looks great. cant wait to see it 100% with stuff stored in it. i kinda want one.

Luk Blakeney said:
id go with my last name, makes it more personal. it looks great. cant wait to see it 100% with stuff stored in it. i kinda want one.

Ya thats what I was thinking.

I was gonna see if we had any left that no one wanted and was gonna paint it up and put it on ebay. But shipping would be disgusting and I didn't see the other 2 that have been sitting in the back today at work so maybe someone picked em up. Maybe I'll ask around see. But its getting cold out so the paint doesn't stick as well. plus my parents where harrasing me to get the thing finished and into the house so we could store our summer stuff in the shed where the lockers been sitting for the past couple of weeks lol.

p.s. excuse the spelling, I normally try to spell words correctly but its been one of those days lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back