Unscdf Dogtag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meleck

Jr Member
Following a thread on making dog tags, I designed my own dog tag based on the Canadian army specifications. Total cost of the operation for two tags is $5 using the DOGTAGS coupon.

I thought people would be interested in those.

Here are the images.

[attachment=13323:DogTag.Front.png][attachment=13324:DogTag.Back.png]

The front tag has the UNSCDF logo.

The back tag has got the 405th logo, my Halo emblem (which is very similar to Nox Umbra), my gamer tag, my gamer number, my first inital and my last name, religious affiliation, blood type, allergy, fake military affiliation with real country abbreviation.

Here is the link for the image that I created for the front tag.

http://www.4shared.com/file/147089668/9307d36a/Halo_DogTagFront.html

I like it where is this website link at I could use it for the various groups I belong to besides the 405th?

Nintendude said:
I like it where is this website link at I could use it for the various groups I belong to besides the 405th?

?... These aren't 405th related, nor are we associated with anyone. There not anything official. Simply something cool he wanted to share with us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nintendude said:

The site where I did the dog tag is www.artscow.com . I believe that this was the site you were talking about.

HaloFreakX said:
?... These aren't 405th related, nor are we associated with anyone. There not anything official. Simply something cool he wanted to share with us.

Ooops. I hope I didn't do anything wrong. Do you have a usage guidelines for the 405th logo? If there is, can you point me to it so I don't do anything out of bonds. If not, maybe there should be one.

You are completely right. I used the logo without consent from anyone at the 405th. My affilitiation with the 405th is to make Halo props that you can wear. So I figured that placing the 405th logo would complement the dog tag and show my support for the purpose of this Web site. I am ready to make amends for any faux-pas that I have made.

Daniel Greco said:
Also, he spelled it wrong, it's UNSC, not USNC.

DAMN. It's totally unforgivable on my end to make such a dumb mistake.

HaloFreakX said:
For personal use, I'll go get the thread.

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9633

Thanks a lot for the thread. I didn't think ahead on that one and I'm truly sorry. I usually take good care not to do that sort of thing but I kind of got carried away. I asked that the order be cancelled as it is right now as I have noticed that I made the same typo (USNCDF) on the back tag as I did in the title. If I could change the title of the topic I would but I don't know how and I can't find it in the actual edit window.

I will remove the logo as I did quite a lot of mistakes in using it. It's totally against protocol. The logo is out. I didn't want to associate myself with the 405th other than the fact that it is related to the creation of wearable Halo prop and that I was a member. My bad.

My won't do it again without written permission.

Thanks for spotting this and telling me that I was using the logo without permission.

so wait, im not sure. are we allowed to use this dogtag only with permision from a staff like spase or adam if we make the logo fit the 405th logo standards? I would gladly like to make a personalized one for myself, but i wouldnt want to break any rules. if it came in a grayish black, i will gladly paint the logo the correct colors. thanks in advance for help

From what I understand of the rules, no you can't use the logo without prior permission. The logo on my tag goes against a few rules. First the color was modified and second I used embossing on it. So I can't use it the way I did. So I won't.

Here is the rule against the use of the logo next to your gamer tag.

What if I want my name (or gamertag/nickname) in the same graphic as the 405th logo, how do I do that?

You are not permitted to incorporate your gamertag/nickname into or over 405th Graphics and Logos, modification without prior submission and approval is prohibited.

I will update the back of the dog tag to use this graphic instead. But first I have to void my order. Actually, I will make the most of it and add some information to the dog tag. It can serve as a prop with actual information on it. So I moved my call number to before my gamer tag and I added my birth date. Which is totally impossible of I use the Halo timeline.

New dog tag graphic for the back:

[attachment=13331:DogTag.back.png]

this is an awesome idea, i would do it too if i could use the visa, i would have it left metal and use flat black for the design and text if i got one. the design looks good btw.

ForgedReclaimer said:
this is an awesome idea, i would do it too if i could use the visa, i would have it left metal and use flat black for the design and text if i got one. the design looks good btw.

Thanks. You mean you'd use that image for the front of the tag.

http://www.4shared.com/file/147198141/932282b9/UNSCDF_DogTagFrontBW.html

It was easy to do since I did keep the resource file for this.

I actually did a color one because I wanted to have something that looked a little futuristic. And I was going with the colors of the official UNSCDF wallpaper available at Bungie.net ( http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=14304822&postRepeater1-p=1 ).

Here's an embossed one I made of it.

UNSCDFEmboosed_DogTagFrontBW.png

Unscback-1.png

the font is: Copperplate Gothic Bold

ok, i want the 405th logo on it, and im gonna email the logo manager to see if i can aprove the use of it. ill let you guys know how it goes.

This ain't a necro 'cause it's my thread. Mine, mine, muwahahahaha....

Sorry got carried away there.

Just received my UNSCDF dog tags (second set) and they look good. It's a metal dog tag with the picture printed (or glued can't really tell) covered with a thick layer of plastic over the print out. I had two double-sided made for me to wear as part of the costume and 3 one-sided with only the UNSCDF logo on it. The one sided ones only have the plastic over the printed side and are to the bare metal on the other side.

To prove that it happened, here is a Web cam pic of the double-sided dog tags as I wear them.

[attachment=13842:DogTags.PNG]

"The pictures are printed out on high quality photo paper and coated with top quality waterproof enamel that is crystal clear, with long time duration." looks like its glued.

i don't just want to do this I NEED to do this, its just that awesome...

your tags look awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back