UPDATE 01/06/08 H3 frag granade finished

Status
Not open for further replies.
This looks very awesome, very nice work!

I also love this thread because it discusses marriage and grenades in the same breath <3

You're a man that knows if you take the ring off of either, you're in trouble! :lol:

@Gopher11789 I understand the practicality of what your sayin, but to me how someone attaches this to their armer is up to them. If people wanted to they could add a pin to it thats up to them, but im not going to stray from the original design. Im just creating a Halo 3 frag replica. I beleive that the H3 granade is activated by either pushing the head down or maybe the red LED is the button. Like I said in an earlier post I'd love to hear anyones opinion on what they think activates it cause sometime in the future im going to make them operational without the BOOM ofcourse. Anyway as far as pins in real militarty granades I dont think they use the pins to clip it to there gear. I may be wrong, but wouldnt the granade be pulled off the pin crawling on the ground or going through heavy brush? Anyway thanks for the crits there always welcome.

@Spartan161 I cant wait to get it done either. Holidays and other projects have slowed it down but it should be done this weekend. Its a solid cast of smooth-cast 300 plastic. It has a bit of weight to it and feels nice could be heavier though. I may experiment with the weight as well.

@Vexona Thanks and yes if I take off the ring I might as well be pulling the pin off a real granade.

Here is an update. I have the final molds done and cast the bottom half, but need to pick up more material to cast the new top. This is a quick test paint mainly on the lower half. The top half is an old cast so I threw some quick paint on it.

NadeAngle1.jpg

NadeFront.jpg

NadeSide.jpg

Here it is with the top half the new mold is made from.

NadeAngle2.jpg

hope you like.

Sorry if I was I sounded like i was trying to change your model... that wasn't intended... I was really moving into an idea of how to make it on your your armor... BTw if i haven't said it... GReat job... on the Frag here.. and PM sent...

No worries man and I understand your point completely. I just didnt want to stray from the original design and would leave it up to whoever gets one to decide how they will carry it, which most likely would be different for eveyone. Anyway no offence taken though cause I love to hear people different views on this stuff.

Im going to be picking up some more material tomorrow to cast the new head and I will post more pics when I get it done and painted.

looks crazy amazing. one thing, isnt the red "ignite"button much larger on th in game grenade. like the size of the pad of your thumb? jw.

Very nice grenade. 10/10 for an excellent job. One thing though. I don't know if its just me, but in the game the grenades seem a little bit bigger. Nothing too bad though. How many have you cast yet? You could add a small amount of metal inside the body or the top, and then buy some of those really strong magnets and then you would have a way to attach it to your armour. Just a suggestion.

Size was the first thing to decide on. I went with a real world size. I thought that game size would be a little to big and gaudy. I remember seeing one of the first halo pistols being made with game size and it was HUGE and it didnt look right in the hand. I also thought that everyones suit isnt game size so way should there weapons. The weapons should look natural in size to the everyday nongame human/spartan.
Like now Im in the design process of deciding on the sizes for the next weapons. I am comparing the size difference between the game grenade and these weapons ingame and then converting those measurements to be proportional with my grenade with maybe a few slight tweaks.

I know some people are concerned of how it would connect to armor? Well...heres how I see it..how does masterchief connect it to his armor? He doesnt. You never see it hanging anywhere(unfortunatly). Sooo unfortunatly thats up to everyone else to decide. Pin..magnet..pocket..velcrow..string everyone has a defferent idea of how it should be.

Anyway I have only made a couple so far. I just finished the final mold and I cast the bottom half, but ran out of material. I just picked up alot more material yesturday to cast the top and just in case for some crazy reason I misplace the Nade and would have to make more.... I mean another....and another ;)

Its on the list, but not top. I like doing the things very little to no one else is doing. I know there are quite a few people brainstorming and working on the plasma nade and I dont like to steal anyones thunder. And besides there are plenty of other Halo3 weapons and items to do that havent been done. I am in the planning stage of doing 2 weapons right now one of which is the spike grenade. This will have working internal lights and real metal blades and maybe even sharpened blades!! (y) This will be more intricate than the frag and not just cast resin and paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back