UPDATE 01/06/08 H3 frag granade finished

Status
Not open for further replies.
DMASTER said:
Thanks, as for the button every shot I got from the game is about this size.

ur right. i was thinking plasma grenade. This nade defies all work. GOOD WORK MAN!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wrigley93 said:
GREAT JOB

but repaint the red, and use paint not sharpie...

Thanks and it is paint, but like I mentioned it was a quicky paint on the top cause it was an old cast from the first mold.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well its all done. This has been my first real endeavor into prop making and using molding, casting materials and clay sculpting. Its been fun and a learning experience. I normaly work in metal and wood so this will be a nice addition to my current abilities. I found my interest in this after a friend asked me to CNC him the Autobot and Decepticon symbols in aluminum for his prop collection. Not to mention being in the film industry and having a few good friends that are very good at prop making(Link being one of them) so I've always been fascinated by it. Anyway gotta get back to work on the next one. hope you like.

FragAngleFinal.jpg

FragFrontFinal.jpg

Thanks guys. I have started my next project already. Im almost finishd wiih the CAD part and will start a new thread for it in a couple days. Its the spike grenade as I stated before. Im trying to slowly make each project more and more complicated. Baby steps though. :D Dont want to get in over my head.

Anyway thanks again for everyones critiques and support during my first project.

yea, i like how it screws on because you can put a rare earth magnet or something inside there then one on your armor, so all you have to do to attach it is hold it to there, and however your holding it, it will stay.

I can't wait to see the spike grenade! Keep us all updated. Im about to begin work on an ODST helmet and was wondering if you could AutoCAD the in game Spartan one for me. If so that would be great, I could give you a serious discount on one down the road. While working on my helmet I am going to also attempt the sculpt of a flame grenade and have a clear plastic in the center filled with an orange/red gel in the middle. What do you think? Its not going to be slopped together, trust me. You will be proud :)

@Skope Yeah I like it cause it gives me options down the road like Xavier said you can add magnets or lights or just a place to stash your MaryJane.

@Xavier I think that would be a good idea.My concerns would be the constant rubbing of the armor and grenade would scrathup both and if you rub up again someone and it falls off.

@Krylon I just started a new post for the Spike Grenade. Ya know Ive thought about doing CADs of the armor, but that would be very time consuming for me at this point. With all the projects I have on my plate right now its not possible at this time. Pardon my ignoance cause im still new to most of this, but do people need CADs of stuff around here or just 3D models. I use CAD and 3DSMAX. Maybe when I get time I can help the community out depending on the needs. Anyway I think the Flame Grenade would be awesome! I would love to see that done. I thought about doing that as well but decided on the spike instead. I found some sprinkler heads at homedepot that had a similar look. Might be a good starting point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back