Update on KeXun's Mark VI Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking good so far. Don't get too caught up on the disc as you called it but more with what that disc will do on the inside. If you get a large pool of resin somewhere I recommend spreading it out. It will add a lot of weight to one area and may cause the helmet to be top heavy or in my case back heavy. Learned that one from experience. Get some additional fiberglass when laying up your resin and use it. Add it to where it needs to be and move on. It won't hurt your build leaving pools like that but I would go in there with a grinder and remove a bit if you find it tips your helmet over when you set it down right side up. Keep up the good work.

just a note for your next build. in my opinion, I believe it is best to resin the outside first and put it on a stand of some sort so your model does not stick your paper that can ruin a project very quickly as it is almost impossible to make sure all the little holes are sealed to prevent leakage, I was not able to open your second posting with your FB pics to check your progress but your original pep work was pretty good.

OK it seems FB isnt workin lol so here

S5000278.jpg

S5000281.jpg

S5000280.jpg

S5000279.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back