UPDATE!! Sundial Bridge Comic Con 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badkitty

Member DIN
S327
Hi all!!

Well it's been a hell of a year and I'm glad that it's over!! I am sorry for not posting here sooner but with everything that has happened since the con, well lets just say it's been less then ideal and overwhelmingly stressful. I have many picture from the con, but I will only post a few here. It was a great success and I'm proud to say that I will be looking forward to going again this year!!

So here are some pictures of the winners and of myself. There was another Spartan there but I didn't get a chance to speak with him much. Maybe next year I will.

Thank you everyone and Happy New Year!!!! :)
IMG_5497.JPG

The winner are:
1st place: Pennywise the Clown
2nd place: Steampunk Genie
3rd place: Master Chief Halo 3 (myself)
4th place: Youth Bird watcher/ Bird Reaper

Great work everyone and let's see you all next year!!!

IMG_5499.JPG

It's all unicorns and rainbows around here. Trust me!!

I think you were robbed!!!! Steam punk genie is too generic a character for a comparison. You look great!!! There is a YouTube of your con so I can say this w/ some confidence. You should have made some type of pose though....

I was not feeling very well during this con. It was extremely hot in the area where we were, I'd say it was over 100'F and to top it off with a touch of flu I was surprised I even made the effort to go. But its fine with me, all that counts is I made it and people liked my costume. Thanks for your reply I didn't know there was a youtube of it! I might have to go look it up. ;)

Ugg. Sorry to hear that but glad you were well enough to go and not cause any major health issues. You are feeling better right? Just checking.

YouTube link HERE. Poor quality but hell.....it's off someones phone.

Hey Dirt,

Yeah I'm better now, but at the time it took me several days to get rid of that nasty spinning feeling and the light-headedness. I hate that, but everyone goes through it now and again. Just bad timing I guess. Thanks for the link by the way!!

Hey check this out!!!
I found more pictures from the comic-con. I had to look for my other camera and there they were!!!
Sorry if I post a duplicate but here they are!!
IMG_5489.JPG

IMG_5490.JPG

IMG_5491.JPG

IMG_5492.JPG

IMG_5493.JPG

IMG_5494.JPG

IMG_5495.JPG

IMG_5496.JPG

There they are. All the people were pretty cool at the con so I hope they have a blast this next year!! It will be held June 8-9, 2019 here in Redding, Calif!!

I have one last picture here for you all. I just found it on another card. We still have a little neighborhood grocery store here in our little town and here I am with one of the owners just after the Comic Com on my way home.
Master Chief brightens everyone's day!!
IMG_5500.JPG

That's right even the customers were happy to be in the picture!!

Dam customer photo bombers!!!! Great pics!!! What did you use as your under-suit?

I still say you look better that those other posers.......robbed of 1st place!!

I have one last picture here for you all. I just found it on another card. We still have a little neighborhood grocery store here in our little town and here I am with one of the owners just after the Comic Com on my way home.
Master Chief brightens everyone's day!!
View attachment 263879
That's right even the customers were happy to be in the picture!!
Better hope you weren't percieved as an armed robber

I would love to see the police report on that.

Officer: “So miss, could you describe the perpetrator?

Owner: “He was big and green.”

Officer: “So you were robbed by the Hulk?”

Owner: “No, he had a big weapon.”

Officer: “So you were robbed by a Sky Rim character?”

Owner: “No my kids play that game and it wasn’t one of them. Bigger and greener. He had part of a license plate on his chest. It was a Utah plate S117. Weird, I thought Utah’s abbreviation was UT not UNSC was.”

Officer: “ok we’ll put out an APB for a well armed giant leprechaun.” To his partner: “I think we need to get a counselor here to talk to this person.”

Dam customer photo bombers!!!! Great pics!!! What did you use as your under-suit?

I still say you look better that those other posers.......robbed of 1st place!!

So for the undershirt it's actually an old leather jacket from a thrifty store. It works well for the fiberglass bite too!

I would love to see the police report on that.

Officer: “So miss, could you describe the perpetrator?

Owner: “He was big and green.”

Officer: “So you were robbed by the Hulk?”

Owner: “No, he had a big weapon.”

Officer: “So you were robbed by a Sky Rim character?”

Owner: “No my kids play that game and it wasn’t one of them. Bigger and greener. He had part of a license plate on his chest. It was a Utah plate S117. Weird, I thought Utah’s abbreviation was UT not UNSC was.”

Officer: “ok we’ll put out an APB for a well armed giant leprechaun.” To his partner: “I think we need to get a counselor here to talk to this person.”

This is so funny I don't have any words to say how funny this is!!! OMG!!:cry::cry::cry::cry::lol::lol::lol:

Officer 1:"Dispatch Unit 834; be on the look out for a very large green leprechaun, Utah plate union-nancy-sierra-charle."

Dispatcher: "834- Uh--Are you sure that doesn't sound like any vehicle I have in the data base and is that a vanity plate?"

Officer tries not to laugh, regains composure and smiles as he speaks into the mic:

"It's not a vehicle it's a 7' tall green humanoid like thing with a giant gun. Consider the individual to be armed and extremely dangerous."

Silence follows for a moment on the radio speaker. The dispatchers look at each other in their office area with bewilderment.

Dispatch: "834 that's a negative, return to the office the Shift Commander would like a word."

The Officers look at each other before they drive away.

Officer 2 to Officer 1: "Well looks like you done f'ed up! Thanks a lot man there goes my retirement!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back