UPDATE! Won my first (and second) costume contest as Master Chief

Status
Not open for further replies.

optimusaint

Member DIN
S504
i got a $600 prize too!

it was at 80s night, and when i won, i teabagged the money! ill post pictures of it when my friend sends them to me. i didnt take any pictures myself, but lots of other people did.

now im off to VooDoo Fest to see Rage Against the Machine, and then im going to another contest tonight. by halloween, i should have a pile of money and a pretty banged up suit. im already hurting from last night, so im sure ill be bruised pretty badly by Thursday morning.

here i am right before the contest
gallery_2083_55_21240.jpg

my competition
gallery_2083_55_25727.jpg

while i was dancing
gallery_2083_55_27561.jpg

with Cat
med_gallery_2083_55_41594.jpg

why the HECK are there no contests where I live?

You owe me half ;-)

optimusaint said:
i got a $600 prize too!

it was at 80s night, and when i won, i teabagged the money! ill post pictures of it when my friend sends them to me. i didnt take any pictures myself, but lots of other people did.

now im off to VooDoo Fest to see Rage Against the Machine, and then im going to another contest tonight. by halloween, i should have a pile of money and a pretty banged up suit. im already hurting from last night, so im sure ill be bruised pretty badly by Thursday morning.

Hey dude, I wanted to ask...how does one find contests like these...locally?

I'd love to go to one of these! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam said:

You owe me half ;-)
If we had a "best 405th armor" contest, you'd win, or atleast second place, I'm not sure if blue relm's armor is detailed as yours or not, but since they made the most detailed helmet ever, I'm sure their armor is just as detailed, but heck you never know, I made the best graphic once in another forum, there were 2 polls, 1 for members to vote, and 1 for mods to vote for the best, I was voted best by members, mods voted me as 2nd best....so you know....best isnt always best sometimes.

Oddly enough theres a couple contests going on this weekend, but I don't think I'll be able to attend..

Besides most of the bars and clubs near here just give the prizes to the hottest chick, not the best costume...

Well, whatever..

well, a lot of places just have flyers around advertising it. i win the contest pretty much every year at 80s night, but this year was the first time there was a big prize. usually its 100 bucks.

i missed one tonight for 100 bucks, because i was still at the Rage Against the Machine concert. oh well, no biggie. theres another contest Saturday night, and on Halloween itself theres a whole lot. oh yeah, i forgot to mention, theres a lot of contests cause i live in new orleans. we are pretty much known for bars and costumes.

Adam said:

You owe me half ;-)

I know where I live you really have to look for them, my suggestion is to try the local bars and nightclubs, they usually have costume contests around the end of Oct.

Adam said:

You owe me half ;-)

Just stroll down 6th street on Halo-ween and I'm sure you could get some awesome stuff!

Spartan-419 said:
Woah... is your armor gold too?

it sure is. i represent my hometeam, the New Orleans Saints. its also gold with the Fleur de Lis on xbox live

oh yeah, and for all the hormonal teens, i added a picture to the first post. its of me with my friend Cat.

Doom said:
I betcha you were dancing to thriller in that one picture :p.

-Doom

you could visualize the zombie walk couldnt you?

thanks for all the encouragement guys! hopefully ill win a few more, and it can pay off this armor and start funding my next project!

here's another shot of me in the crowd dancing.

gallery_2083_55_8764.jpg

Where does this armor and all the ones that look like adams come from? Are you sculpting and molding them yourself, or buying adams casts?

Also what reference are being used for the details?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back