(Updated 08/13) Iron Man Helmet BUILD + video! (Pics Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aha, I was wrong. But thank you for the reply, very informative. And I honestly believe your research will pay off. Hope you stick with it, and I'm looking forward to more updates, sir. :)

great thread just read through it all
I have finished cutting all pieces out , now time to put them together.
looking forward to seeing some paint on your helmet

Wow man! Amazing work! So legit! Are you going to have the face plate be able to detach and put back in place automatically? If so I'd love to see how you do it! I've seen some really cool iron man helms do it but couldn't figure out how.

But props to you! Love the smooth look!

Are you going to have the face plate be able to detach and put back in place automatically? If so I'd love to see how you do it! I've seen some really cool iron man helms do it but couldn't figure out how.

But props to you! Love the smooth look!

Yes i will, and it's really simple to do it

-1st: you need an mechanical hinge project to fit your helmet (pretty simple to make with pepakura and some fiberglass, or you can cut directly on any metal of your choice)
-2nd: a couple of Step motors or Servo motors
-3rd: a power source and maybe a Voltage regulator board ( easy to make with a CI Voltage regulator )
-4th:a physical driver to activate and give you control over the step or servo motors ( the control board )
-5th: some skills to program the driver with the programming language you wanna.
-6th: assemble everything, enjoy your work!

@chrish3901

thank you alot, i will work a lil more on the Smoothing, i think next month i will paint it.

insane... this looks beautiful man. amazing job, i can't believe how good it looks, so smooth, and yet with clean crisp line and angles at the same time... keep up the good work :D ...

Aye man im loving the build. Just one bit of advice. You said you used like twelve brushes durig your resin stage? What you should look for is a chemical called acetone. Its found in some nail polish removers but it works best if its pure acetone. What you do is fill up a container with say half a litre and then put ur brushes into it when they are not being used. Then cover so the acetone doesnt evaporate. This stops your brushes from going hard and becoming useless after one pass. What the plan withthe faceplate, i take it you plan on motorising it so it goes up n down?

well, the brushes costs 50 cents, so i would probably spend more buying acetone then 12 brushes.

the faceplate will go up and down, activated by 2 servo motors, like the helmet on the movie.

maybe this weekend i can make some updates on the project, lately i'm not having time to work on it

a really small update, since i'm not having time to work on it,

I'm now preparing the helmet to receive the final coat of primer and get ready for the paint job

if you think it was smooth before, well, you have to take a look now!

DSC00250.jpg

DSC00256.jpg

hope you guys enjoy!

You are doing a nice Job! I'm gonna start a Warmachine Armor after finishing my Mark V Spartan Armor. Looking forward to your final Product :)

Another user asked me to upload pictures of the magnets position on the helmet, there you go:

DSC00312.jpg

DSC00313.jpg

The pictures are kinda old, all the bubbles on the fiberglass are already fixed.

I'm going to use this post to say that i had a few problems during those last 2 months and thats the reason that didnt updated this topic anymore, but next week there are a few new things to show to you guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back