Updated===Halo Reach: Custom Character(xbl profile: HYuNdAi2806)===4/17/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
ugghhhh need chest pep file plzzzzzz

uhhh.....tried starting bungies HD version for the reach torso piece...and its ******* retardedly complicated..i have patience for **** and im not stupid but the folds and preferations are ridiculously complex, i really dont feel like spending 5 hours working on two frontal plates of the chest i need a basic reach chest piece if anyone ANYONE has a pep file for that pllllllzzzzzzzzz, i dont have time for that kind of piece.

id rather just do a basic piece and add the details in afterwards i can definately do that, plus in thinking about it, even if i took the time to do the HD piece the fiberglassing would not go too great i can already forsee that

i am nooooooootttttt happy right now

06092012798.jpg

i think you did rather well. i have the low res chest but idk how to upload it. if you look you will find it. btw, the JFO helmet rocks

ehh

i think you did rather well. i have the low res chest but idk how to upload it. if you look you will find it. btw, the JFO helmet rocks

i've been looking around since 5am... either im blind or stupid but i cant find anything besides the two files i already have
i was thinking about just doing the mk from halo ce and just modding it after the fiberglass
if i can build a simple scale sized chest piece i can make it look however i need to after i just cant find the damned files

custom build

the faceplates comin along i tried to upload a pic but my photobuckets bein a pos.
but i pulled up a more basic chest hopefully that'll work out..
ill keep you guys updated

Nice job. JFO is one of my favorite helmets. Do you plan on making the shells for the chest or just using real shotgun shells?

breacher collar

Nice job. JFO is one of my favorite helmets. Do you plan on making the shells for the chest or just using real shotgun shells?

yaaaaaaaaa ima use some slug rounds for the breacher collar, of course ill be firing them first and just re capping the ports so they look unused and use a filler just to give them a little weight.
almost finished with the collar but im focusing on the main parts as of now, almost done preferating the lines for the reach torso.
ill be posting pics once i can start putting them together.

because of the size of the chest pieces i was wondering if anyone coats the pepakura shells with a coat of something first before fiberglassing im thinking about coating the inside with a spray on rubber coating and the outside with a clear coat to give it a littlemore strength.
let me know, i just dont want it to warp up

Its all looking really good man, keep up the great work, your helmet looks awesome!
And i am quite jealous of your CQC, i tried making one (it didnt have edge ID's either) and it was nowhere as clean as yours

CQC shoulder

Its all looking really good man, keep up the great work, your helmet looks awesome!
And i am quite jealous of your CQC, i tried making one (it didnt have edge ID's either) and it was nowhere as clean as yours

ya the only thing is i might have to remake it, the one i made seems a bit too small compared to my helmet in comparison to the scale that my character shows.
it didnt take more than an hour to put together. it probly would've been about 30 minutes if i actually had the ID# tabs for it

started chest piece

i know its not much but i cant sleep, so this is about 45 mins into the center base of the chest piece
06122012799.jpg

sooooooooooo heres just an example just a little sample
of how i can build a sppartaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnn..

na but really heres just progress of the chest its actually from a week ago i just dont have a pic upload to PB of the main sections put together yet ill try to do that tomorrow.

just cut out the visor shape with a dremel from the polycarbite faceplate or whatever its made from. its as thick as a motorcycle visor so i got a thinner one from a hardhat hazard faceshield thats a little thinner to go ontop for the Dual-visor effect
but as i said heres a pic so far

06172012832.jpg

JFO visor completion ((dual-visor))

oooooook then
i DID have this thing tinited with reflective tint...
but i made a terrible cut at the bottom and the second loayer fucked up when i set the visor in place
so now this ******* thing has nothing but clear visor for now
but i did finally get the dual layer set in

out of the few JFO variants ive seen i havent seen anyone do the dual layer visor and maybe im wrong but if not, for being a first timer i feel accomplished
here you go ladies ;)

06232012838.jpg
setting the screws in place to make the visor replaceable if need be
06232012840.jpg
last set of hardwares in

and the iceing on the caaaaaaaaakkkkkkeeeee

06232012841.jpg

JFO dual visor

ill be redoing the lower blue chrome section later tonight after i get home from work. then possible staying up to put together the pieces of my reach chest together.
i know its slow progress but its my first build and just makin sure i dont screw it up

on that note i had using a scaling program made by mroreo123, and i either fucked up my scaling pattern or something but its coming out seemingly small, not crazy small just a little tight fitting to the looks of how i dry fit all the pieces together..

so im thinking maybe ill just finish it and break it into two halves front and back and strap them together after its fiberglassed???
any suggestions?
remaking the chest at this point isnt an option im already behind as it is and i need this done by october.
i dont think ill have any issues with the arm and leg pieces just only that theres pairs for thighs shins feet AND arms and biceps, but i think altogether those sections should come together pretty quickly..

BOOTS:
ALSO...as far as the feet go i think i may have to just make the boots out of cardboard and fiberglass them i cant seem to find any pep files for the full book section below the shin.
if anyone has a complete pep file for the boots id be appreciative
if anyone has

Blue chrome on chrome Dual layer visor =-JFO-=

i dunno how my post on this got deleted but here you go gents

alright so this was a little more difficult than i thought when reversing the blue chrome tint for the cual layer visor pieces..
when inserted into the bolt in section inside the helmet the pieces had to bend..as you can tell on the bottom section the bending of the piece caused distortion in the blue chrome tint but once it was on a couldnt do a thing as fact has it im out of the tint..lol
whomp whomp...
anyways, i didnt make the same mistake on the upper layer which is where eye level meet out at for sight so in correcting my mistake i was actually able to keep it flat and smoothe.
visibility is great out of this and with the main dual shield being chrome it gives it more character than the full blue shield, PLUS the chrome facing out denies visibility into the helmet to see the user, the two tone looks great to me so ill keep it

here you go girls ;)

06242012843.jpg

eva foam???

thinking about going to foam for the bicep forearms thigh and shin pieces but ive never worked with it..
if anyone has any suggestions or has alot of experience with it some insight would be appreciated.
is it just taking the main sections from pepakura print outs to cut stencils.??
i havent been too sure on how everyone cuts their pieces out.

but its just a dabble into a thought. ive got 3 months left and its comin up way faster than i thought it would.
im not trying to rush a good armor i just want to make some quicker progress with being able to keep the quality

open to suggestionsssssssss ;)

Loving the helmet! The replaceable visor is a very smart idea, and the dual layer visor looks really good! As for the foam I have no experience sorry, but cant wait to see how the rest of your build comes out- keep up the work :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back