Updated===Halo Reach: Custom Character(xbl profile: HYuNdAi2806)===4/17/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
bout to start peppin up the boots i just sized them out. ill set up some pics if i get anything done...actually i need to put together the breacher collar
on to the next one :D

Weapons:

oooooooook...i decided to make one of those socom ODST pistols out of a green gas glock that i have..
i need suggestions on a rifle for the future
AR BR or DMR???
what to do...what to do..

LED Initiative

LED Switch Setup(SmartWater chrome plug):

sooo :D
i got kinda creative and tried to find a way to set in the rocker LED switch onto my suit..

THANK FULLY i was drinking SmartWater and it hit me...
use the water to MY advantage SO I DID HAHAHA!!!

no but seriously..and literally.....i did check it out

07092012873.jpg

so what i did was pretty much take the suction style cap off the smart water ( NOT THE REGULAR TWIST ON CAP) the ones with the sport suction blue top the the clasp on lid, i pushed the blue suction tip out of the cap and sprayed it chrome, then cut the top off the and mounted the blue LED rocker switch inside that bottom end and it fit PERFECTLY it even locked in place which was a complete plus.
drilled out a side port for the chrome adapter that i rigged from the suction cap, sealed it on with a rubber o-ring and viola!!!!
here you have it
07092012876.jpg

oh i know i kept talking about that F.L.A.R.E. system, these are the fluted straight shafts ill be using for the launchers, they will be on a F.L.A.R.E. mounting system on each the right and the left shoulder, i still havent quite decided but i think they will be at an outward 45 degree angle, not so sure yet though

F.L.A.R.E. tubes - i hope at least someone can note what these are from ;)
07092012872.jpg

Change Up

Time To Change It Up:

i just stumbled across a thread of a helmet being made from H4 from which the 3D build was created by Satchmo III
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/32448

now...after looking through his portfolio and the cnostant battle in my head to make my set reach character and then making it a custom character..
ive decided that i WILL be using parts that were in fact created by Satchmo

the forearm and shin reach concept builds by Satchmo III is what i plan to use for mine

hes done a great deal for the community of the 405th and i congratulate him for his accomplishments and his work
as soon as i can finish up my custom F.L.A.R.E. staging platforms for my chest piece i will be working on those new pieces

so damn excited :D

ODST Magnum (Socom MOD):

ok its not much but i just finished up the shell to start glassing so i can add details and all

at least it'll have a working slide, full weight, and a working mag release

here it is so far, ill probly actually finish it by the time ive gotta work tomorrow

07092012879.jpg

Very nice looking chest piece!

Also, I'm assuming that's an airsoft gun you're modding into an ODST magnum, and I gotta say, you do seem off to a good start !

Very nice looking chest piece!

Also, I'm assuming that's an airsoft gun you're modding into an ODST magnum, and I gotta say, you do seem off to a good start !

yes its a green gas pistol, its a G17 model which is awesome because thats what model my duty pistol is except i have a viridian x5 laser system on it

the piece im making will be able to slip onto my real sidearm too so maybe once i get the whole suit done ill put the socom mod pieces on my glock and run a 33rd mag through it in my whole suit and post a video :)

Fitting

Armor Fit:

trying to get a feel for how its going to be without an undersuit

feelin pretty good :D

07092012880.jpg

ODST Magnum Mag.Detail:

so i just extended the magazine like it was in the game, though mine came out a little longer does it matter..??

more rounds through the tube ;)
anyways i couldnt figure out what the eff that little thing was on the mag over the "M"
kinda looks like an angel or an arror..i dunno
i made my own interpretation for it here ya go

07092012883.jpg

Much Appreciated:

thanks Playdohlord!!!you know i thought i did pretty well for my first run until i saw someone that had made on a while back in a red scheme
it really put mine to shame but im hoping that once i finish this suit my next will have an actual dollar value attached to it and more attention and patience.

ive literally only spent $85 through the whole project and that was only on 2 containers of glass $25 each the visors $5 for each and the tint which was i think $10

everything else i have already, ive been painting alot for a while so ive got all kinda, the cardstock i have 5 packs of 1000ct sheets lol the led's i have probly 4 sets from my motorcycle and every little detail piece i throw on from stuff being thrown away extra parts from plumbing or paintball mods or anything i can find that has a nice shape to it
for spending only under 100 so far i think ive done ok :D

awesome build! helmet looks great, the pistol is awesome, and since you were drinking smart water, you came up with a smart idea for the LEDs

AND i just got a hold of some more of my favorite paint netting im so used to using, i have a feeling that my whole suit will have chrome and steel scales.
we shall see :)

Custom Gloves"

Carbon Custom Gloves:

Here's a look at the 'carbon' paint scheme ive got going on with the gloves that i might transfer to certain accents on my suit, ive gotta put a last layer thats going to be my steel flake paint with the large netting to give it the darker metallic carbon look.

this is how my glove setup will be pretty much broken down to a T.

07102012888.jpg

let me know what you guys think of the paint style

the paint scheme is absolutely brilliant! looking better and better everyday! how is the visibility inside the helmet, could you post a pic of that?

Visor Shot:

ya ill get one up tomorrow my camera as you can tell is pretty grainy it doesnt do too well with shades,
another thing is if you look at my visor the chrome and the blue reflective part are actually the SAME tint, just the blue pieces are set inside the dual layers facing in and the chrome(main piece) is set facing out, so with a camera lens it doesnt have the same perception like a human eye our depth perception will focus through the reflective pieces, ill take a pic out in the day to show you what i mean

the clearer visibilty comes out of the chrome section though you can still see out the blue just with a slight blue tint to it
it was pretty weird how it all worked out but if you could put it on you;d see what i mean :)

halo3trailer_4-1.gif

Damn Rain:

sooooooooo i got up excited to start glassing some new pieces and sanding my automag pistol (http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/37247)

and literally the second i start settin up shop in the storage building it starts to rain...blaaaaahhhhhhh i was planning to paint to but that much moisture isnt good for letting paint set X[

i wish i could falcon punch the damn clouds
so heres John to do it for me

mcfalcon1.jpg

Take That Ya Damn Clouds!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back