Updating My Old Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxas 56

You may remember my white spartan multi-player suit. I was great but I kind of rushed the paint job so It didn't turn out so good. I also had issues with my Busa helmet. The neck guard in the back of the helmet got caught in between the raised shoulders of the chest piece making it so that I couldn't turn my head which was pretty inconvenient when your wearing it at an anime convention all day. My next convention is going to be Anime Boston which is May 22-24 and I'll have to wear my suit for 3 days. Because of this, I decided to make a new helmet and do a repaint. I decided to go with the CQB helmet and do a repaint of my armor in red and black instead.

Here was my original armor:
IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_0145.jpg

100_1346.jpg

Here's what my paint will look like with new helmet. (hopefuly):
75349231-Medium.jpg

And here's the pepped CQB helmet:
0417092108-00.jpg

0417092108-01.jpg

I'm currently half way through the sanding of my CQB helmet (Pictures coming soon) and I need to fix the upper arm pieces that I didn't have time to fix before the first convention. Unfortunately, I don't have enought time to do bondo on the shoulders, but I'll get around to that after this convention.

Chip475 said:
The CQB looks extremely good. really.

Doing everything? Resin, glass, bondo, etc.?
I did the bondo, and I'm three quarters done sanding it. Pictures will be in be in as soon as sanding is done.

I don't have time to do all the raised details like everyone else is doing, but I think it's still going to look cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
lookiiing greeeat. your CQB helmet is so clean!
when im done with makkking markkk vi im making CQB and buuuusaa

I likie the CQB.

It looks sooo smooth!

So far everything that I've seen you do is clean and great looking, even the quickie job on the full suit.

Brothers Darkness said:
I likie the CQB.

It looks sooo smooth!

So far everything that I've seen you do is clean and great looking, even the quickie job on the full suit.
Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Before the update I have a question that needs answering.
When I wear my helmet, it fogs up. Is there a way for me to at least minimize this effect without any electronic components?

Now for the update!
I finished painting my M6G pistol today! (Courtesy of Link)
0518092123-00.jpg

I have one more day of non-stop work time left to finish the paint on my armor and then I have to pack it up and head to Boston on Thursday. One more update left!

The CQB Helmet and the Magnum Paintjob looks lovely! ^^
As for the fogging, try an anti-fog spray (If that even exists?).

Keep on pepping, Roxas. : D

Anime Boston was the bomb!!!! I was like a celebrity there. On my daily walks from the hotel to the convention, people would take pictures of me from there cars as well as honk and wave at me. I had a hard time walking around the convention because people always wanted to take pictures of me and sometimes with me. I also received a great costume ribbon from one of the staff members. I also walked across the stage in front of hundreds of people in the costume contest fashion show. Here's some pictures of me in armor:
IMG_0873.jpg

IMG_0878.jpg

IMG_0890.jpg

IMG_0885.jpg

Here's me walking across the stage during the fashion show:
IMG_1030.jpg

I'll have more more pictures and maybe a video as soon as my friends send them to me.

By the way, a lot of people thought I was dude while I was in my armor. I was funny! :lol:

3 weeks of school left! :lol: Summer vacation means more time to make armor and props! Can't wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back