Updating My Old Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
dont take this the wrong way... but you look like a cute little Hobbit Spartan... like if frodo, somehow got his hands on Mjolnir armor.

the suit looks much better with the cqb helm... great job

To DreadMullet:
I know I do! (y) I'm just at 5' 1''. All my younger friends are taller than me. ;)

To Darkslitter:
I decided not to add the knobs because I liked the more streamline look of the helmet without them. I couldn't get them to look right either.

JediStumpy said:
OOOHH...people and there Rubies "Halo Armor" :p
Glad you show'em up!
Nice rework on your armor btw!
There were 4 other spartans there besides me. 3 of them were store bought losers. The 4th guy is the one with the blue helmet pictured in my last update post, but he only had the helmet. I was the only one with a full suit that was custom made.

Last edited by a moderator:
something like this
Page_1-1.jpg

its pretty much dead on with the actual scene.

S1l3nt V1p3r said:
The CQB Helmet and the Magnum Paintjob looks lovely! ^^
As for the fogging, try an anti-fog spray (If that even exists?).

Keep on pepping, Roxas. : D

yeah it exists i use it for paintball
sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt depending onthe visor you have if you have an anti fog visor it might cancel out the effect im not sure how it happens but for some reason it does

Does anyone have a full set of pepakura files for any of the following:
Clone Trooper
Storm Trooper
Or a full suit of armor. (preferably from a video game, could alsa be medieval, or from a movie)
I want to make a suit of armor but I don't want to make another suit from Halo and I already have the Iron Man and Gears of War files.

You should try Samus..

Samus_Aran_hires.jpg

It would sort of incapacitate your right hand, but sometimes you need to make sacrifices for awesome costumes..

Roxas 56 said:
Does anyone have a full set of pepakura files for any of the following:
Clone Trooper
Storm Trooper
Or a full suit of armor. (preferably from a video game, could alsa be medieval, or from a movie)
I want to make a suit of armor but I don't want to make another suit from Halo and I already have the Iron Man and Gears of War files.
skip has his Republic commando files, but you have to pay 8$ a file... if you go to his site it says all the files that are available... but his files are worth it.

Looks like you had a great time, wish there were more cons in Melbourne, cause when my suit is finished I am going to wear it everywhere!! I wonder if the mask would be paintball safe... hell screw it I will head to my old work and wear it in a lazer tag areana...

Anyway off topic there but the suit came out great, like the helm a little more than your old one, more smooth and the gold mask just makes it all pop more.

Great work!

I really really want to make a gravity hammer. The best way I can think of to make it light is to carve the hammer head and blade out of foam. What is the best way to harden it and make it durable enough to play around with? (casting isn't an option.)

well if you make it out of Floral Foam you can just Resin over it, couple coats would do... or you could build it out of that poster foam board stuff, then glass it...or save up for a while and buy one of DogWizards most totally EPIC HAMMERs

unfortunately if you are going to scratch build it, you will have to do it completely off references pics... there isnt any schematics/blueprints (whatever you want to call them) for it... Good luck

There is a .pdo out there somewhere but is is very inaccurate so you are really looking at a scratch-build. If you wanted it "squishy" then leave it as foam (use a dense closed-cell foam). If you are looking at creating a foam base and trying to make it rigid, just use foam and then seal it before using traditional resin/fiberglass. You will need to be careful applying the cloth and will probably have to use some filler to smooth out the rough fiberglass but that may be the simplist way to get one started.

I can also supply just the smaller detail parts if you want to tackle the head/blade yourself - that may save you some time. Just let me know and I can't wait to see what you come up with...

Good Luck!

Roxas 56 said:
Where is the best place to pick up foam blocks?

If you have one locally try Joann Fabrics, Garden Ridge, Micheal's Crafts, or a Hobby Lobby. One of those should be available, otherwise just keep trying craft stores or online...

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back