US Army Halo Sniper School

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Bradley

Sr Member
I haven't seen this mentioned ANYWHERE yet so I though I'd ask if any of you guys have checked it out.

On the XBL dashboard I've noticed a few little ads of a cross promotion between Halo 3 and the US Army referring to a sweepstakes and Halo 3 Sniper Training video series. I couldn't find the vids located anywhere in the marketplace, just through a clickable ad that occasionally appeared in the dashboard. Last night I accessed the ad, and it took me to a page in the dash that had four videos to download as well as a pic you download to enter the sweepstakes.

I DL'ed two of the vids (XBL was running crazy slow so I didn't have time to get them all) and it was really informative.

The vids are:

1. Know Your Weapon (overview of long range weapon efficiency in H3)

2. Sniper School Beginners Tactics

3. Sniper School Intermediate Tactics

4. Sniper School Advanced Tactics

Has anyone else seen this campaign, or watched all the vids? Maybe they've been on there for a while and I've just now noticed.
Good stuff anyway, I recommend downloading the vids..

EDIT: Found this mention of it over at xbox.com... still no mention of the vids though:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/events...n/sniperschool/

i know there is currently a contest running for Halo 3 in MS and the army..

Never heard about this though... i might find this very useful..

Somebody want to give HBO a heads up? I checked, and they haven't run anything about the vids and dashboard ad yet.

I watched the videos and it gives great tricks and hints for sniping in many levels. the Contest they have in on weekends i belive i will check when i get home form work and post more. the videos due help though

Just got home and went looking for these on the marketplace. They're under the video's section under 'game tips and support'. Another note is they are all listed as HD. I'm not sure cause I have an HDTV, but in case the 360 doesn't translate it for you I thought I should let people know so you don't download it and wonder why it won't play on your TVs.

I don't have HD and they downloaded fine for me.. but I DL'ed them from the ad that was on the dashboard.

i remember hbo running a thing about this a few days ago, there was a lot of confusion as to weather it was canceled or going ahead. looks like its going ahead.

then again it might be something similar running at the same time.

EDIT: sorry for the gammy spelling the first time, I'm using one of those damn rubber keyboards.

they mentioned a contest thats going on thats sponsored by the army, but they havent said anything about this yet..

Eit: I just sent an email off to Louis over at HBO.

Thanks for doing that Xav. It's up now and they gave both of us credit for the find.

http://nikon.bungie.org/news.html?item=21734

Sniper School Training Vids now on XBLM
Over at the 405th, Sean Bradley noticed that the US Army Sniper Training Videos are now online on Xbox LIVE Marketplace. (Thanks to Xavier for the heads-up on this.) To download them for yourself (they're free), go to the Marketplace blade on your 360, then select 'Spotlight'. Scroll over to 'Free Stuff' - you should see 'Sniper School Free Gamerpic' or something close to that, a little way down the list. Select it, and you'll have the option to download each of the four videos (Know Your Weapon, and then Beginning, Intermediate, and Advanced Sniper Tactics), as well as a Sniper School Theme. As far as I know, these are not available on the web (and I don't know if we're allowed to MAKE them available), so you'll need to grab them from Marketplace if you want to watch them. They show you nice places to perch if you're a sniper.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are some spots in those videos I would of never thought you could reach. Cool vids, and I downloaded the register pic. I think all you do is play online and it puts you in the daily drawings, one entry for each day you play. Today and tomorrow are the last two days to enter and get a chance to win by the way. The grand prize looks pretty sweet, which you can see at the link in Sean's first post as well as all the other details. Apparently there will be more of these 'training camps'. One I remember from reading on Live was vehicle training, also heavy weapons I think too. There were four altogether including this one. This is all to get people ready for the Halo 3 Tourney in March.

-Magnum

Sorry for the double post, but I thought some people might like to know that the heavy weapons training videos are now up.

Huh. I'd figure that the words "US Army" and "Halo" weren't to be used in the same sentence ever since the beltway sniper thing. Then again, Jack Thompson's been disbarred (last I checked) so I think we're safe for now.

I haven't been on XBL in a while. I'll have to check this out when I get home.

Hey guys, way to necro. notice the last posts were from Jan of 08? Dont think those vids are up anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back