Vacuuformed visor, with silver see through sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartanx360

hi,

i have been thinking on how i can get a silver/gold visor on my vacuformed visor without losing sight, and since i haven't found see trough sparypaint (i know it excists but haven't found it in belgium) i had to use those window sheets.

i have tried to put that into the vacuformed visor, but thats a BIG FAIL,
so i took some ordinary sheet of plastic, cut it in shape and put that silver sheet on it

092df02f.jpg

5223fd04.jpg

it worked flawlessly, but now, after i let it dry, i carefully bended it, and no to minor cracks showed, yay.

finally i have put it behind my vacuformed visor (transparant) and here is the result

6ed9f720.jpg

e3b73ecd.jpg

cb1f7cac.jpg

4c83b4ea.jpg

what do you guys think? i am happy :p

thats pretty sweet. i like the black battle damage and the whole dirty feel of it. can you flip the switch with your chin? that'd be bad ass ;) how exactly did you vacuform it so that the tint melted with the plastic?

I really want to know what brand of window film this is, the specifics behind it would be great. You said "window sheets" and through my expeience, there are a ton of different kinds of these, made from different plastics. Some of these will move with your plastic as its being formed and others dont (creating a visor forming fail). Anyways, it looks like you found the right kind, thats why I want to know the specifics as I have not been sucessful with finding the right window film.

Thanks,

Tony

i didn't melted the tinting sheet in it, i have put it on an other (non vacuuformed sheet) and put it behind the vacuuformed one
so there are 2 plastic sheets in the helmet, i'l make a simple drawing if you don't understand :p

**update:
Untitled.png

here you can see i just bolted another layer of plastic with window tint on that is not vacuuformed, onto the vacuufomed one
any kind of tinting film will do

and i can flip the switch with my chin :p

i didn't melted the tinting sheet in it, i have put it on an other (non vacuuformed sheet) and put it behind the vacuuformed one
so there are 2 plastic sheets in the helmet, i'l make a simple drawing if you don't understand :p

**update:
Untitled.png

here you can see i just bolted another layer of plastic with window tint on that is not vacuuformed, onto the vacuufomed one
any kind of tinting film will do

and i can flip the switch with my chin :p

lol, I now see and get it...lol. Nice effect...BTW

Tony

i make my helmets so that i can always take the visor out, so here i can still get the silver sheet out , and it will be transparent again

i don't have fans in the helmet, it is cold enough in belgium to go without, maybe i will put them in later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back