Vacuum Forming Clear Pvc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjrt345

i was thinking of vac forming odst visors because, is there another way to make it game accurate.

anyway i know lexan is good to use but i cant seem to find a supplier which sells to the public

i found some 0.80 clear pvc at Clark Rubbers.

Just asking would it be vac formable?

has anyone out there ever used it to vacuumform or used it before

any oppinions or suggestions or other alternatives

You can use a clear divider (used in school binders for separate subjects) and then a black one way cloth to make your visor. It would be a temporary until you can find a better solution, but it's cheap and looks good.

Maybe you can go to a home improvement kind of store (Like Home Depot) and ask someone who works there if there is a thin, clear kind of sheet plastic. If it is too thick then you can't use it to vacu-form, but it it's too thin it will be bad for a visor. Just a heads up.

Here, this is a topic about making the visor with a divider and mesh fabric. I suggest you follow it to see if it's something that would suit your desires.

Bunnings, Mitre 10, True Value, and Home Timber & Hardware(all in Melbourne so says the internet) should all have plexiglass, lexan, or something similar. In the US, they keep it with the glass. You may need to ask for it, since it is not something the everyday diy'er shops for.

I think to get Lexan in most places it would have to be in bulk quantity and might have to have some type of commercial license for this. But Lexan is available if you look in the right places online for small quantities but is this the right choice to vacuform a visor. You might want to talk to a few members on here like Rube and Sean Bradley they both have vacuform tables and make ODST visors just send them a PM and I'm sure they can point you in the right direction as far as the right kind of material, I believe they use a transparent PETG I'm not 100% sure but just whats the harm in asking.

Also here is Seans topic on his visors: Topic Here!

lexan doesnt work very well, i have no idea about clear pvc...

you'll have to order PETG sheets or find a plastic supplier in your area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back