Vanquish Armor !

Status
Not open for further replies.

waytoomany

Jr Member
hey guys ive seen the Vanquish trailer right now and hat to think on the 405th ^^

so this armor would be totaly awesome ... ive no 3d modeling experiences so someboda have to build one !^^

its just a suggestion ( vorschlag in german ) but i would be happy if someone could do that !

her ist hte trailer !

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRIX0L2KSJY[/media]

O.O that looks so fricken sweet! I can see a problem with that, The helmet has no visor. unless some one where to get a camra system for it, it doesn't look practical for a real life build... but FRICKEN SWEET!!

Yea, I noticed that too, the visor in down near the mouth/chin, which would make it kinda hard to walk around in. Although this would give people some good motivation to get the HUD system working with the integrated camera :D

-Apoc

I may have some more info from the actual Costume Designer in the next little while. What I do have at the moment is this. (Pictures or it didn't happen right?). Wish me luck.

Picture-069s.gif

Picture-044.gif

Wow those are great pics! Do you know the designer WARlock?

Taking a close look at the pictures, it seems that they actually solved the visiblity problems without any fancy cameras, etc. Ff you look closely on the first pic, near where the eyes should be on the face, there are 2-3 vent slits, that are probably mesh, or just tinted. Whatever they are, I'd be willing to bet that thats how they see. For the purposes of the costume anyways.

-Apoc

Exactly right on the vision issue. :)

And no, I do not know the designer personally or otherwise... yet. I'm addressing that though. I found the lead costume designer and I've contacted them for more info.

Armor look Cool, but video remind me too much of Iron man and Master Chief... Its Iron Chief!

Looking forward for more info in this game

Apocalypse said:
Wow those are great pics! Do you know the designer WARlock?

Taking a close look at the pictures, it seems that they actually solved the visiblity problems without any fancy cameras, etc. Ff you look closely on the first pic, near where the eyes should be on the face, there are 2-3 vent slits, that are probably mesh, or just tinted. Whatever they are, I'd be willing to bet that thats how they see. For the purposes of the costume anyways.

-Apoc

Also, near the end of the video, I'm pretty sure that the character had a slightly larger visor (one that could be manipulated into position so you could see through it.)

(Check about 45 seconds you'd have too eyeholes...)

I may take a shot at this later, after I finish Kat's helm (and after midterms :lol .)

Cheers!

Nice find waytoomany!

Last edited by a moderator:
Apocalypse said:
Yea, I noticed that too, the visor in down near the mouth/chin, which would make it kinda hard to walk a round in. Although this would give people some good motivation to get the HUD system working with the integrated camera :D

-Apoc

ive got an idea that might work... Two mirrors... One angled outward and one above it angled \ \ like that but the bottom one will be cut in half horizontally that way you look up and can see the bottom... Pm me if it works...

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks to me like Master Chief, Iron Man and Jim-Bob the Stormtrooper had a baby. No, I don't know how they did it, but the result is pretty cool.

Is there going to be a movie as well, or is the costume for cutscenes and stuff like that?

I think it will be really cool to make vanquish armor but the helm looks like the helm of guy man (daft punk) ;)

The armor looks like something that belongs in the haloverse. And the female president or w/e she was is a bad actor.

Whoa....Thats awsome...But tatically speaking, dont worry, wearing bright white armor in the middle of the day wount get you spotted by the enemy at all. But serously, if you manage to make this with out the actual creator finding out and trying to buy it off of you, this is going to be one awsome build.

This movie looks like the secret lovechild of master chief and some japanime. I'm not sure how I feel about it though...

Edit: Wait a sec, this isn't a movie, but a game?! Woow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back