Video Monitor Inside Iron man Helmet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lehi

Jr Member
Okay I have this Sanyo Xacti Cg10 HD camcorder that I want to take apart and install it on my iron man helmet. What I mean is I would take the monitor and place it on the inside abd the lens somewhere on the outisde.

VPC-CG10_540x406.jpg

Anythonyle247 did it on one of his Iron man suits.

How can I do this with my camera?
Suggestions? ideas?

VPC-CG10_540x406.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
that is one of the coolest ideas i have ever seen for an iron man suit. good luck with figureing it out. my next build is iron man or war machine. so i will be watching this thread

Good luck trying to focus on it. try holding it up <1" away from yours eyes with a static image and see if you can focus on it.

i might try doing this with my marine helm and mount the electronics between the outer and inner skin of the card and bount the lens on a eye piece sort of thing like on halo combat evolved and ghost recon advanced war fighter

Personally, unless you cant see out of the costume, I think it would be a bad idea/ waste of money. Try getting close to you phone's screen and see how well you can see everything.l

I used to have these things called virtual IO glasses.. http://www.i-glassesstore.com/

They worked good.. They were kinda cool cuz you could take the black out shield off and look through them and have a floating screen like a HUD.. I'd look more into personal video head sets because there going to have the right viewing distance for your eyes to view the screen..

I think Anthony le used I only for his huge iron man build. I would have to agree with the others about not going about this. But I you still want to you could always incorporate it into the back of the suit as a sort of backup camera!

I've done some design work with police HUDs in the past, and you might be able to get this to work if you reflected the image off of your visor instead of trying to actually have it face you. Lots of the cheap iPhone HUDs work this way, and they seem to do ok as long as it's not too bright out.

I've done some design work with police HUDs in the past, and you might be able to get this to work if you reflected the image off of your visor instead of trying to actually have it face you. Lots of the cheap iPhone HUDs work this way, and they seem to do ok as long as it's not too bright out.
WOW.. Just WOW!

for your cam you should take all the housing off and cut al the wires and extend them put all the controlls in one glove or arm put the recording device were ever and put screen in your helmet( over one eye if your badass

master lee as he is call does amazing amaezing stuff , but he doesnt share his skills, i just think that is selfish but thats just me

master lee as he is call does amazing amaezing stuff , but he doesnt share his skills, i just think that is selfish but thats just me

Well his armor is just plastic that he cuts out and uses rivets to hold them together. Thats really simple. It's the eletrical stuff that he doesn't share information on.

Well his armor is just plastic that he cuts out and uses rivets to hold them together. Thats really simple. It's the eletrical stuff that he doesn't share information on.

Same deal really. Im part of a Hackerspace where the idea is community colaboration. I completely respect his skills but...

Another option to check out is the FatShark FPV RC piloting goggles. I have picked up a pair to use with various RC projects but it should not be too hard to use them in a simmilar fashion to a HUD. They even have a direct connection :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back