Videos - Making foam forearms and paint job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arioch

A small series of me making foam Reach forearms and giving them a paint job. I forgot to include certain info/steps along the way, so if there are any questions, ask away.

8 part series

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! Though I think you get more out of seeing what Im doing than listening to me ramble lol

I used Clear Seal, it comes in a tube and is made by Liquid Nails. I must have cut that part out by accident. I applied it with a bondo spreader. You can get it at Wal Mart for about 3$

I just checked, I did cut out the sealing process. I plan on making foam cutting, sealing and gluing videos when I get to the shins, so it should be covered soon.

http://www.liquidnails.com/products/product.jsp?productId=4

Ok thanks for the information. Your videos helped me a lot. I just bought plasti dip so was making sure I wasn't missing a step.

Great !
the weathering video's , they are awesome , because i now know why my fallout 3 AER-9 laser rifle didn't turned out how i planned it to be ,
Thank you for the video's and the audio with it is great ( some people talk too soft or audio-swap it But you are great ! )

Thanks Im glad you liked them. If you have questions just ask me here. You might be able to hear me well, but Im not sure Im always saying enough or that its making sense to anyone but me, lol.

Thanks! Again, I seem to have trouble remembering to explain exactly what Im doing or why Im doing it, but if youre picking up things that help you out, then mission accomplished! Ill have a video up before long of me putting the shin file together.

it makes sense lol , but i have a question , well , i have a problem :

I am not really sure what PEP files to use , i mean i could use the Small detailed parts , also from the pep file ,
well actually , im just not entirely sure where to cut the foam ,

i got some foam , should be enough for some handplates , so we ( the 4 builders and me ) can build together ,
but . . .
im so scared i will screw up , what to do ?

Eventually you just have to dive in and youll figure it out. It seems tougher than it is. I waited forever to try it, then when I did I felt stupid for putting it off. I sent you a pm with some info that will hopefully help you.

I mark the pieces Im going to cut on the foam. Then I put the Clear Seal on the large piece of flat foam. Then I cut the pieces out. Then I hot glue them together, then fill gaps and last, I paint the full piece.

Ive been meaning to make a video showing these exact steps, but life is in my way lol.

Me too! Ive been trying to think of a good way to explain it. It takes some studying of the piece youre about to assemble. You need to know which piece fits where and you need to angle the pieces and bevel the edges etc. Ill plan a video for this out and post it here when Ive finished it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back