Vigilnt snipers ODST Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well everyone there is another Hell Jumper dropping in. Yes indeed I will be taking my two years of non forum member expertise and turning it to make a stellar suit.

First off I want to thank Hugh for the amazing Pep Files. You rock my grunt blood soaked socks!

I will be listing each and every piece of armor I complete in any form (IE fiberglass, pep, completely finished, ect.) In the first post as well as the Update posts. These posts will be very pic heavy!!! So keep coming back for more. ok? good!

Now for the update!

I have been working for about three days on these pieces and i have a good amount done so far.

Now before i get all sorts of people saying "Most people make the chest core out of foam instead." and all that crap i just want to explain my reasoning for choosing to use fiberglass, muddy glass, and foam all in one.

Foam by itself is far to annoying to sit there for ages and screw up on. so i am fiberglassing one layer, muddy glassing two layers. then adding a layer of foam epoxied in for comfort. why all this trouble? because this will be used as paintball body armor and as such it needs to be tough, yet comfortable.

as such i will be pressing on with this particular piece.

PICTURE TIME!!!!
DSCN0701.jpg

Chest Core Front

DSCN0702.jpg

Chest Core Rear

DSCN0700.jpg

Right Shoulder Base

DSCN0699.jpg

Left Shoulder Base

DSCN0698.jpg

Right Shoulder

DSCN0697.jpg

Right Bicep

DSCN0696.jpg

Right Hip Plate

DSCN0695.jpg

All the armor up to date. (I know the armor parts are on the wrong side. XD i was trying to line them up and wasnt thinking that i was looking from the front.)

Any who thats all i have for today. keep on coming back to check it all out.

Another HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shout out to Hugh Holder for the amazing files!!!! I couldnt have done it without you......... Literaly.

Bye all.

thanks. im going to give that Hugh Helmet one more shot. every time i try it nothing matches up though....... like its the same scale and half the parts are to small and the other half are to big. its pissing me off. i went through 80 sheets of card trying those bast**ds.......

Maybe i will. thanks for the tip. i saw that one and thought to myself. No inner support? thats going to deform sooooo fast. ill try it though.

Ok so I figured why have just a suit? why not have a character profile to go along with said suit. so I created a bit of one for my character. Hope you all enjoy reading through it. :D

<<Begin transmittion.....>>\

Halsey this is all i could find on this so called "Reaper" he has ONI up his ass and around a very large corner to keep so much hidden. I still dont know what it is you want with him but i cant help you any more. Good luck and god speed old friend.

-Admiral Roland Freemont

<<Download File?......>>
<<//<<Yes.....>>

<<Comence Readout.....>>

Name: CLASSIFIED

Code Name: Reaper

Service: Inducted into service on 08/12/2523

Stationed on Harvest 10/28/2523 to monitor possible Insurectionalism

Major Battles:

Harvest Conflict December 2524

Jericho VII 2535

Operation TORPEDO 2542

Miridem 2544

Paris IV 2549

Fall of Reach 2552

Halo 1 Incident 2552

Psychological Background:

Reaper stood out as a lone wolf from the start. always finishing first and always doing anything and everything to ensure that other recruits had a horrible time finishing after him. His actions were seen as contrary to his training and as such he was removed on the premise that he was a threat. He was inducted into ONI as a battle side operative and stationed on Harvest colony to watch for possible Insurrectionalistic behaviors and actions from the local population. During the Harvest Conflict he informed ONI of any and all information he came across while preforming his duties. After the Halo 1 Incident he dropped off the grid. Presumably KIA.....

<<//End readout.>>

<<File Deleted.>>

Always good to see more ODSTs dropping in!

Its cool to see more people do a pep chest core. I find them to be fairly comfortable when scaled right, plus they provide an excellent base to attach more armor. Kirrou's helmet is easy to build, that's what my helmet is.

I have to say it though. Paintball? You're going to find all your hard work lost after a few shots. Also, helmets are NOT paintball safe.

i have tested my layering and found that it withstands quite a bit. and i am making the helmet paintball safe by inserting a normal paintball mask on the inside of the helmet. this will not obscure my vision and still provides all the needed protection. i will be getting the full helmet one from JT paintball and inserting it inside the helmet and surrounding it with foam core or maybe some expanding foam if i can find a way to seal it.

Update for the weekend of 08/12-08/14

I have peped three more parts and begun on a fourth.

These parts include:
Main chest plate
Middle abdomen plate
side abdomen plates (one done one begun)

Pictures:

DSCN0705.jpg

Main Chest Plate

DSCN0704.jpg

Middle Abdomen Plate

DSCN0703.jpg

Side Abdomen Plate

DSCN0706.jpg

All parts included in update in their correct positions.

I plan to begin the fiberglass layer as soon as i can get to my local home depot to buy some more of that wonderful fiberglass mat. gotta love that stuff huh? all the itchy!!! XD

well its time to start working with some glass.

I have gotten the main chest piece completely glassed and the majority of the Main abdomen plate as well. unfortunatly i ran out of glass resin and i have to run to the ever usefull homedepot tomorrow. as for now im exausted and i need to sit for a bit.

Pictures:

DSCN0707.jpg

Main chest plate with glass

DSCN0708.jpg

Main abdomen plate with glass

Dang't a Odst sniper like i was thinking about, meh.. there's always Jun. It's looking really good right now though it's inspiring me.

sweet. :D thanks! after two years of several gigantic ef-ups and expirence i got the whole thing down pact. i hope to have the main chest piece bondoed and painted sometime this weekend if i can.

thanks. my xacto blade helps a ton! being one with OCD X10 i try to keep everything perfect and so far its working out well for me. i had to redo the chest piece five times to get it perfect.

I am all to familiar with having to redo armor pieces I have 4 recon helmets that contest to that, I just painted them and gave them to my cousins and nephew. After trial and error you always end up with something better each time, you armor looks great cant wait to see the finished product.

looks really good so far, keep up the great work and it will look awesome when it is finished
btw i like the chest plate with the two red pieces on the side, that made it look really cool =D good luck

@Lawacr: thanks. ya i know how that feels. i had to make my first odst over i believe it was six times because it always came out warped to hell and back.

@roadkill: thanks! ya i just thought i would try some different colored cardstock to excentuate some parts. it did look good buy the finished version will look 100 percent better, i promise. :D

update!!!!!!

i have the main chest plate bondoed and im in the process of sanding. i added the cap to the bondo curing agent to the octagonal holes in the chest armor so it would look better. i will be putting some led's in these holes to add some nice effects. I hope i can find some purple ones. XD

anyways this is the compete list of parts i will be using:

ODST Rookie helmet by kirou
chest assets: hugh
chest core: hugh
boots: hugh
belt, hips, fanny, front hip plate: hugh
shins: hugh
H3 odst shoulder: hugh
H3: ODST Micky shoulder: Jimmy Da Moose
Gauntlets: hugh
thighs: hugh

PICS IN TONIGHTS UPDATE!!!

Pic update 08/17/11

Now for the pics of the newest built parts!

CQC Shoulder:
DSCN0709.jpg

Closer view:
DSCN0710.jpg

And now the one thing that i am extremely happy with how it turned out..........

MY VACUFORMER!

Front view:
DSCN0711.jpg

Another front view:
DSCN0712.jpg

up close view of a corner:
DSCN0713.jpg

Rear view:
DSCN0714.jpg

total thickness:
DSCN0715.jpg

It is totaly sealed with silicone caulk and has over two hundred holes in it to facilitate large amounts of air escape.

If you guys would like a tutorial on how to build one of these please say so and i will make a tutorial for you all. :D

*shoulder by Jimmy Da Moose (not beast)

Anyway, glad to see more CQC shoulders. I'm also happy to see you built yourself a vacuum former, custom shaped visors are always nice.

Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back