Viper Helmet Modeling | Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calburn776

I'm attempting to model a redesigned Viper helmet in Blender, but I only have a base understanding of how Blender works as an engine. Furthermore there is, in my opinion, a lack of effective of engaging tutorials on YouTube. The closest thing I have found that could help with my exploits was a Master Chief helmet tutorial series that starts by teaching you to make a Visor, which is then used as the base of the helmet. However, my references are slightly inaccurate (being commissions) and I'm on my fifth render and I still can't find a way to make it work without restarting from scratch. If anyone has any tips or could offer insight into their process that would be a tremendous help!

(I'm gonna attach some pics of the Visor and my reference)

Attachments

• Blender_ [C__Users_AceofSpades024_Documents_Misc. Documents_Blender Projects_Viper Helmet Prot...png
    Blender_ [C__Users_AceofSpades024_Documents_Misc. Documents_Blender Projects_Viper Helmet Prot...png
    569.1 KB · Views: 141
  • Blender_ [C__Users_AceofSpades024_Documents_Misc. Documents_Blender Projects_Viper Helmet Prot...png
    Blender_ [C__Users_AceofSpades024_Documents_Misc. Documents_Blender Projects_Viper Helmet Prot...png
    545.6 KB · Views: 131
    478.4 KB · Views: 124
    485 KB · Views: 144
    639.1 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Good on you for trying to learn a new skill though! I don't do a lot of hard surface modelling, so I'm not too sure about who on YouTube to get tutorials from, but in the past I've seen some good hard surface tutorials from Grant Abbit and Josh Gambrell. Blender Guru might have some older videos that could be relevant still, and Ian Hubert might have some quick ones that can at least give you some ideas.

Can you link to the tutorial you're using? As I said, I'm not much of a hard surface modeller, but starting with the visor sounds a bit odd to me, instead of starting with an overall shape and refining it from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back