Visor Cam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i found an old video camera(the vhs type you hold on your shoulder) ripped out the recorder, optical pickups, and the picture tube and was able to re wire it in my tau fire warrior helmet (a small mirror aided the picture tube in projecting on the visor)

My brother has a small tube like camera that we put on top of our Traxxas R/C Gas Trucks to record when we were jumping stuff and whatnot, It would be great to use for this but it is like an inch in diameter. So I dont know if it sould work or not.

i dont really know what all goes with it and if a DVR is big or not but shoot if it is the back pack for the armour would be a good place to put em in just make a styrofoam compartment thats under the armour part against your back and just slide it on in :D

From the research I did the best option I found for high quality video was this:
http://www.vio-pov.com/
It has a nice little wireless controller which could be placed anywhere in the armour whilst the main control could be put somewhere in the back of the chestpiece (at least that was by thought) with a wire running down from the helmet - either under the undersuit or just as an extra cable - and then plugging into the back.

The reasons why I liked this solution were:<ul>[*]High quality 720 x 480 video[*]Wireless control[*]Variety of easy to source mounting solutions[*]Nice packing case to store the camera away whilst not in use[/list]Only problem is unlike just getting an old camera and strapping it on this solution is quite expensive so would require someone really dedicated to really put it in action.

oooh i took to pieces a realy old video camera, no screen, but it said lcd?
anyway after i took it to pieces i found that were the eye hole thingy was there is an lcd inside about the size of my eye!
no points for guessing what ill do next...

Found this Instructables link over on Engadget the other day, looks like it'd work pretty well in our helmets :D
I've managed to find the same basic camera locally for a reasonable price (not as cheap as eBay though) , now I just need a good recorder...

i was just guna post about that. weird. they also have a lion head one with steroscopic videos so you can judge perspective. ill try find the link. i realy wanna do it!

redragon74 said:
so i was browsing instructables today..and i found this....AND!!! it can be plugged into a camera!!!!
clique me

That's pretty flippin' sweet.

I wonder if there exist any flexible LCD screens.. you know, LCDs are transparent without the backlight..
You could install it in a visor.. even project your remaining ammo, health and shields' status.

It's kind of creepy how most of the Halo tech is actually feasible, if you think on it for a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
well theres only two that i have heard of
the first being carbon nano tubes and the second being that camo raincoat with shoulder cameras

i've got an archos pvr media player with a 5 inch screen and it will take video and audio inputs somethin like that with a small cam and your sorted

if only we could get real sheid tech.... then we could form a spartan army and take over the world for own own evil haloesq purpouses (like colonizeing space, forming the UNSC ect..)

Vrogy said:
That's pretty flippin' sweet.

I wonder if there exist any flexible LCD screens.. you know, LCDs are transparent without the backlight..
You could install it in a visor.. even project your remaining ammo, health and shields' status.

It's kind of creepy how most of the Halo tech is actually feasible, if you think on it for a bit.
spartan -OLED displays come to mind. Don't really know if they are transparent, though.

yes you could they are flexible and transparent to an extent it kinda gives off a "oil in water" haze..
i member Pimp My Ride used one in the "spaceship" ride lol
just check some of these links
http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0geu6...er&ei=UTF-8

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm i have an Idea.. ITs not a visor cam but will work in theory:

seeing as i have no helmet i could not try it but..

Either when makeing pep or using plastic,

ON the left hand side (When wearing) of the helmet, iv notocied in halo 2 (idk about 3 never checked)
The light only turns on, on the right side.

You could sacrifice a Led emplacement on the left, and take off the casings for the wireless cam and stuff fit in there.

the only problem i see is that while the footage needs to be good quality, the size needs to fit in what? a lence cap of an LED? maybe the vents in the chest have more room... but you still need to get pretty small, probably gonna get expencive too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back