visor option and padding

sk8er4life

Well-Known Member
Hey guys. I am about done with my westerfields helme. Just in the visor stage. Can i get a gold visor and then put a gold raised visor sticker on that? Im just curios if it will fit. so that would be buying this and getting one of these and combine the 2. ill it fit and how would you go about padding a westerfield helm? it like has layers and stuff. If sigma reads how did you pad yours?


thanks,

your friendly couz.
 
i could be mistaken but i thought he discontinued the Raised one because he thought it didn't look good.
But yes i think you could do that, i am pretty sure that was the point of it.

-Justin
 

AoBfrost

Well-Known Member
I could have sworn you asked this before. A Gold visor itself will look better than putting it behind the clear one. The clear visor will make things hard to see since it is indented. Go for the gold.
 

shadow8136

Well-Known Member
dont get that tape thingy.

get 2 visors thin ones

1st one, cut the shapes that are on the helm on the pictures for Mark VI.

attach the first one to the second one. put the second on the back,first in the front.

then glue the edges together... make sure its the super glue that turns invisible.

then attach to helm, DONE

too complicated? ask someone else....
 

AoBfrost

Well-Known Member
If you dont have a high quality dremel, I would do the duel visor technique. If you want a cheap duel visor, go to hobby lobby, get some gold shiny cardstock, it looks 90% similar to the visor, except it is a lighter gold. It looks very well done and cost only a few dollars. You can hot glue it on too.

Here it is, http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5657


Credit goes to Steve.
 

Ral Partha

Sr Member
iamyourcousin228 said:
... and how would you go about padding a westerfield helm? it like has layers and stuff.
I'm using an HJC helmet liner for mine and I just love how my helmet snugly fits over my noggin'. Very comfortable. For my other planned helmets, I'll probably get the Scorpion brand of liners instead.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Dootuz

Member
iamyourcousin228 said:
Hey guys. I am about done with my westerfields helme. Just in the visor stage. Can i get a gold visor and then put a gold raised visor sticker on that? Im just curios if it will fit. so that would be buying this and getting one of these and combine the 2. ill it fit and how would you go about padding a westerfield helm? it like has layers and stuff. If sigma reads how did you pad yours?
thanks,

your friendly couz.
You can buy some blue foam at a store maybe a Wall Mart or Target. It should be under the camping section. Try that, it should be big blue rolls and about a inch thick.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Vrogy

Well-Known Member
AoBfrost said:
If you dont have a high quality dremel, I would do the duel visor technique. If you want a cheap duel visor, go to hobby lobby, get some gold shiny cardstock, it looks 90% similar to the visor, except it is a lighter gold. It looks very well done and cost only a few dollars. You can hot glue it on too.

Here it is, http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5657
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/3107/pa190010ua3.jpg

Credit goes to Steve.
Looks like the telltale edge treatment of tin snips there :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top